Calling all Quad users!

Down South

Hi all, well it seems like there are a few Quad shooters on the site now. What scope are you using and for which calibre. I like the look of the Nikko nighteater 4-16 x 50 but is it going to allow me to change barrels without removing it? What scope mount do you recommend? I've taken off my Bushnell 3-9 x 40 and put it on my ruger, not enough mag and is x16 going to be enough? Thanks all. DS.

Hi DS the only thing I can say is, bigger is not better when it comes to the Quad. I fitted the Nighteater 6-24x56 30mm to the Quad on Hawke Sport High Mounts. I was truly inpressed with the scope and its features. However, due to its size, the barrel can not be removed without removing the scope.

I am currently looking for quick release mounts to overcome this. I love the scope too much to change it. I have the forward mount positioned so that it fits flush with the breech. This way I can refit the scope in the same position. A couple of rounds to recheck zero and were off. :thumbs: :sly: