Triggers 700

bongo321

It really depends on which trigger you have on your Rem 700. My 700 sps 243 std trigger came with all the adjustment screws sealed, I eventually managed to free two screws with heat but not the sear adj screw. Even slacking the trigger weight screw out as much as it would go with out releasing sear I couldnt get it below 3 1/2 lbs. Eventually I bought a timney for it,its much better and fully adjustable, having locknuts you don't have to keep apply nail varnish to screw to secure them. Have it set up nicely now but it won't go below 2 lbs,this is no problem as thats as fine as I want it for hunting.The Timney breaks more crisply that the std trigger from its factory setting and have never had to alter that, for £90 it was well worth it.

It really depends on which trigger you have on your Rem 700. My 700 sps 243 std trigger came with all the adjustment screws sealed, I eventually managed to free two screws with heat but not the sear adj screw. Even slacking the trigger weight screw out as much as it would go with out releasing sear I couldnt get it below 3 1/2 lbs. Eventually I bought a timney for it,its much better and fully adjustable, having locknuts you don't have to keep apply nail varnish to screw to secure them. Have it set up nicely now but it won't go below 2 lbs,this is no problem as thats as fine as I want it for hunting.The Timney breaks more crisply that the std trigger from its factory setting and have never had to alter that, for £90 it was well worth it.

Thanks for the reply ,I got my rifle 'nov' gone so ive got the new x but there is 2 one with the 3 screws and the x that adj via the trigger ,Ive got a used/new Timney so will put it on ,and likewise 2lb is good for me , Ive got one screw to move but you can't set it like that and the reason i wanted to swap was for the ease of adjustment , job for tomorrow im convinced it sounds easy to swap so fingers crossed .

Edited by bongo321

thanks for the reply , ive got a used/new one so will put it on ,and likewise 2lb is good for me , Ive got one screw to move but you can't set it like that and the reason i wanted to swap was for the ease of adjustment , job for tomorrow im convinced it sounds easy to swap so fingers crossed .

Whatever they lock the screws in with is tough stuff. I tried everything, heat is the only answer but the hex's can still round out before the screw is free. An adjustable trigger is so much easier.

My 700SPS has the X-Mark Pro trigger, it's certainly an improvement on the original and I have it adjusted ok for field work. I have no desire or need for anything better!

I have used one Remington with the Timney and it was nice, it's all about what you need/want and how much you are prepared to pay! :good: