Eye dominance or not

bvemanta

I have just started with a shotgun and seem to have a wierd problem.

I am right eye dominant according to all the excercise ive been told and when having my gun fit done but My aim always pulls off to the left when I have both eyes open. I cannot seem to aim properly with both eyes open I have to close my left eye if I open My left eye I can see the barrell moving of target to the left. If I try a left handed gun the barrells move over too the right. I wonder if there is a trick or some excercises I can do to train my eyes not to do this to me. I Shoot fine with left eye closed but I worry about safety as depth of field and peripheral vision is affected limited with only one eye open.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and I hope this makes sense

Don't worry mate im the same central vision as beretta says, ive tried all different ways and techniques but in the end i found if i keep both eyes open till just before i pull the trigger i get all the info ie speed and distance only close fast targets are taken starting with one eye closed from start or obstructed veiw as dont get time to do antything else. Just experiment a bit youll find your own way,one i have tried was ok was a bit of a smudge or tape on left lens of glasses just where you look when gun is mounted it lets you see everything but the bead and barrel if idont wear my glasses i just obstruct the left eye by sticking out my left thumb when mounting the gun.Hope some of this helps

alb figgy