Anyone out there using... Browning BLR

NorfolkPoacher

Since I got rid of my .243 :bye2: to fund a .223 foxing rifle, i am now looking at getting myself a Browning BLR, (lever action rifle in .308). The reason being is I would like a fast action gun to be used at reasonably close ranges for woodland deer and possibly wild boar in November. I like the look of the BLR and as far as im aware Browning are the only company to chamber lever action rifles in proper calibres and not just pistol ones. lever action should allow for quick follow up shots on Boar and in .308 offer enough poke for boar and reds on the estate. Does anyone own, use or have had much to do with the browning BLR preferably in spitzer bullet format for hunting??? many thanks Dave.

Hi norfolk

I have a blr 81 with a straight hand stock it has a light profile barrel it points very much like a shotgun with the open sights or a reddot on.The barrel does get hot after 3 shots though so not so good on the range ! Mine groups around the inch mark at 100yards on a good day so not to shabby for a light weight.

mine likes most bullet weights but it can sometimes hang up on the feed ramp with heavy rounds (180gr) etc may be just my rifle though .

It is a very fast rifle to cycle though and the rack and pinion action is very,very smooth though if you need to strip the action you will have to send it to a gunsmith due to the complexety off it.

Mags can be hard to find this side of the pond and they are not cheap my spare 4shot mag cost £80

I have used it for driven boar and deer but then went large and got a .444 marlin instead which i use for my deer stalking as well most of the time.

let me know if you have any other questions ?

Bob