twink hw or other?

rabbit.slayer.no.1

ok guys ive got a bsa ultra s/s and the standard mod is well less then standard. so i will have to get a diffrent one its a screw on barrel mod i need ive heard really good things about the twink and the models but i want you guys to also help. ive got little or no money put away for this so where can i get a cheap used one not chewed if its maked or bluing isnt the best. ive been offered a x2model one for 56 quid but thats way out of my range so help guys

Twink mk2 all the way for me, marginly quieter than the sak and a fair bit quieter than the hw, all good silencers, but thats the results over the db meter at a metre.

Edited to say the sak and the hw may have come the other way round in the test I dont remember, the twink definatly came out on top tho.

.atb. .ste.

Edited by rossi_j

Twink mk2 all the way for me, marginly quieter than the sak and a fair bit quieter than the hw, all good silencers, but thats the results over the db meter at a metre.

Edited to say the sak and the hw may have come the other way round in the test I dont remember, the twink definatly came out on top tho.

.atb. .ste.

I think they would have done, the Sak is alright but not a patch on the HW.

well ive had a really nice chap today come and let me try out his twink and hw100 on my ultra, and i have to say my god them hw100s do there job if i didnt know i pulled the trigger i would when it hit the target , but not a sound as it fires. the twink had a little wisp as pellet felt barrel but still very quite. so hw100 is the one im going to get

Another vote for the hw100 from me. Like you say, you dont know you have pulled the trigger until you hear the thud of the pellet hitting its target. I think I paid around 45quid for mine new from a gunshop. Not many 2nd hand and if there is they will be snapped up quick.

Hi mate i have got a Theoben Rapid 7 mk1 fitted with a 1/2" UNF HW100 Weihrauch silencer on it which i bought last summer. The gun was doing 28ft/lbs at the time i bought the silencer and when i fitted it it made my gun wisper quiet! Since then though i have increased the power to 36ft/lbs which has made it a little less affective but its still very quiet compared to other guns my friends use. I`m looking at changing my silencer again in two weeks time to an 8" AWT type so will be selling the HW100 silencer if your interested in it? It has no marks at all on it and is in brand new condition, i even have the original Weihrauch cylinder tube it came in. I was going to put it on ebay in two weeks time but i`m willing to let you have it for £30 if you want it? I live in Norfolk and your more than welcome to come and try it out first if you like? I can post it to you at your cost on top of the £30 if that suits you better.

Anyway they are really good silencer and i would like it to go on a decent gun if possible lol. Send me a pm if your interested anyway buddy.

Jay

Hi mate i have got a Theoben Rapid 7 mk1 fitted with a 1/2" UNF HW100 Weihrauch silencer on it which i bought last summer. The gun was doing 28ft/lbs at the time i bought the silencer and when i fitted it it made my gun wisper quiet! Since then though i have increased the power to 36ft/lbs which has made it a little less affective but its still very quiet compared to other guns my friends use. I`m looking at changing my silencer again in two weeks time to an 8" AWT type so will be selling the HW100 silencer if your interested in it? It has no marks at all on it and is in brand new condition, i even have the original Weihrauch cylinder tube it came in. I was going to put it on ebay in two weeks time but i`m willing to let you have it for £30 if you want it? I live in Norfolk and your more than welcome to come and try it out first if you like? I can post it to you at your cost on top of the £30 if that suits you better.

Anyway they are really good silencer and i would like it to go on a decent gun if possible lol. Send me a pm if your interested anyway buddy.

Jay

£30 - fab price for an unmarked HW silencer.

If mine was naff I'd certainly be after yours chap!

Cheers

Duncan

The twink is quieter than the hw and the sak, does anyone know how the twink fairs against the x3?

Darryl I know you have both so maybe you could answer this?

At the moment the twink is doing the job for me, but should I get another rifle may be looking for a x3, also what are the dimentions of the x3?

.atb. .ste.

The twink is quieter than the hw and the sak, does anyone know how the twink fairs against the x3?

Darryl I know you have both so maybe you could answer this?

At the moment the twink is doing the job for me, but should I get another rifle may be looking for a x3, also what are the dimentions of the x3?

.atb. .ste.

They are a good 3" longer than the twink so about 9" long in total.

Sub 12ft/lb probably nothing in it sound wise.

I believe the X3 was designed for RF and FAC air.

They are a good 3" longer than the twink so about 9" long in total.Sub 12ft/lb probably nothing in it sound wise.I believe the X3 was designed for RF and FAC air.

Thanks gnome, I beleve I have already seen one acctualy, this is just the longer model of the twink is it? There is also a half sieze one for pistols ect. (I think)

.atb. .ste.