Game fairs

Bowen20

What would you guys say is the best game fair for rifles I've only ever been to one and that was at selby Carlton towers and it was a bit small and shabby with just a few stalls and shotguns. But I'd like some more rifles and a possibiltt of shooting some and trying some out so looking for somewhere else to go this year a good one thow?

A mate of mine does a lot of game fairs as a seller. As I help him out I get to look around at some time during the weekends.

I would agree with the previous poster that the midland takes some beating for buying anything to do with shooting or country sports.

I would also recommend a weeked at The Scottish game fair at Scone palace. It's not too big and as it is the main fair north of the border with lots of keepers and stalkers visiting there are always lots of guns and rifles on offer.

Take her in doors with you for a really good weekend.

Thanks very much for the offer vulpicide and everyone else for the info. I think thow I will have to give midland game fair a visit with a few mates it looks good from the pics on the net and there are 42 pages of stalls. Just a bit of a treck 100 miles ugh! Oh well al still go all the best stuff is always miles away. As for taking her indoors sack that I dont want her to see what I'm spending she will be like :o

The CLA personally I think is poo, I went last year with the mrs, neither of us were impressed.

Not a patch on the midland. Personally nothing beats the midland, not even if you had free tickets to the CLA.

Went to the midland last year, I was really excited, till we got there and walked around, it was like a massive Chavvy Car boot sale! http://www.welshgamefair.com/ was a much better day out, less car boot like and smaller but much nicer day out (helped by great weather unlike the drizzle at the midland) guess it depends what your looking for i suppose.

Edited by HDAV

The midland game fair is said to be one of the best in the UK, but i havn't had the pleasure to visit it yet. Hopefully will be visiting it this year.

http://www.welshgamefair.com/ was a much better day out

You really think that the welsh game fair was better than the Midland??? The welsh is tiny compared to the Midland, you could fit the welsh game fair into a corner of the Miland and hardly any guns forsale and hardly any special offers, as you wouldn't expect from a game fair

Edited by Simon123

The midland game fair is said to be one of the best in the UK, but i havn't had the pleasure to visit it yet. Hopefully will be visiting it this year.

You really think that the welsh game fair was better than the Midland??? The welsh is tiny compared to the Midland, you could fit the welsh game fair into a corner of the Miland and hardly any guns forsale and hardly any special offers, as you wouldn't expect from a game fair

As a day out it was much better the Midland was like a Car boot sale no decent offers everything was expensive. As a day out the small welsh one was much better and far less chavvy better demonstrations scurries were better much friendlier atmosphere.

Food wasnt a **** and over priced either

I have to agree with HDAV on this. I went to the Midland last year as I'd been working on the week-end of the CLA and was badly disappointed - I won't bother with it again unless I feel the need to parade around all day in a crowd dressed from head to foot in realtree like everyone else.

The CLA is way, way better but, as usual I'll be working that week-end.

TT