pigoen shooting wanted

• 2 weeks later...

I think you need to be realistic. Just because you are new on the scene, gagging to shoot but with no permission doesn't necessarily mean that an established shooter can or wants to make way for you. You are going to have to get off your backside and look for permission rather then expect it to drop into your lap.

I think you need to be realistic. Just because you are new on the scene, gagging to shoot but with no permission doesn't necessarily mean that an established shooter can or wants to make way for you. You are going to have to get off your backside and look for permission rather then expect it to drop into your lap.

hi been around 50+ farms in my area so i think i need some help, so i have been off my backside im 54 not a little boy just need some help

• 4 weeks later...

hi been around 50+ farms in my area so i think i need some help, so i have been off my backside im 54 not a little boy just need some help

alot of farmers simply say no

but try doing curtessary calls on all those 50+ farms, Im sure if you show willing, you'll eventually get somewhere, my reason for saying it, our local farmer probably wasent in the right mood when we asked for rabbit shooting permission, so we followed up every couple of weeks with a "do you need any help yet" type call, after around 3 months, we were given sole permission on the rabbits, whilst being driven around the farm, I asked a few times about pigeon shooting, but was told no, we have enough pigeon shooters already, fair enough, but each time I then went after rabbits, I made sure I informed the farmer of any big flocks I saw about the farm, finishing with, if any of your shooters are about, get them over such and such field, by the third time I told him, I got the reply of, your welcome to give them a bash yourself :good:

apart from being a night worker so therefore tend to be out midweek daytimes, when others are working, giving me the edge, but dont give up, it took me a good 5yrs to get some good permissions, and Im a pest controller, you'd think we'd get it easier