Pheasant Medication food

Hello guys,

What meds do you use in your pheasant food? Im thinking avatec in everything, aurofac up to 6 weeks and flubenvet in everything. Im debating whether to put flubenvet in maybe the mini pellets and then again in the release pellets.

What do you use? Ill also use multi vits in the water, I go along the lines that preventatives are better than cures.

Cheers

Alex

There is little point in adding flubenvet in mini pellet. Worms arnt typical a problem until the birds have been in the release pen for a few weeks/month.

As for the antibiotic I would personal only use to treat rather than keeping them on it constantly, think its a waste of money. If you feel you do need it I would suggest adding antibiotic to the water around bitting and or creating up.

Avatec I would use though as it ment to be a preventive and helps build up an immunity to coxy.

vell i use vetralyt (spelling) from almost day old then a good course of tetsol or chlorosol if any nastys show up! whitch they will we only use flubenvet in the pens or in the rare chance of the younger birds getting it, but we use lots of vetralyt all year

We had Avatec in last years Heygates pellets, no disease issues at all in the pens but had gapes as soon as we took them off pellets !!. This time round we will go standard pellets then switch to medicated once we get half a dozen in a pen with gapes, usually this is in the third week after release,

A