Advice please chaps

hattochr

When decoying I keep getting birds either skirting round the far side of my pattern or landing with the far birds! What can I do to channel them in a bit closer or what am I doing wrong in the first place to stop them coming into the centre of my pattern?

Hi

Just for a start pace out how far your last decoy is, then look how far that pigeon is i bet in some cases that bird is out of

range or on the border of just wounding it, if you are comfortable at shooting them at 30yds dont let your deeks drift out to 40yds

you can soon start stringing deeks out and have them way out of range, i start with the spinner at 20yds then work the deeks left and

right so the birds have a clear path in no further than 30/35 yds, then maybe a couple of floaters out like the pigeons are joining the

flock, nothing better than beating pigeons!! then the rest is down to you.

When decoying I keep getting birds either skirting round the far side of my pattern or landing with the far birds! What can I do to channel them in a bit closer or what am I doing wrong in the first place to stop them coming into the centre of my pattern?

You need to tell us what decoys and pattern you are using, distance, direction of wind, etc. Give us a fuller idea and we might be able to help.