Reloadin

hiya guys

gunna be new to reloading and want to know if there is proven 12guage recipies out there worth following for clay busting thinking about doing it

i know there a mountain of data involved, but PW members that already do it minimisers the home work i will have to do im looking into buying a

LEE LOAD ALL 2 any one got or used one

Cheers.

M.

hiya guys

gunna be new to reloading and want to know if there is proven 12guage recipies out there worth following for clay busting thinking about doing it

i know there a mountain of data involved, but PW members that already do it minimisers the home work i will have to do im looking into buying a

LEE LOAD ALL 2 any one got or used one

Cheers.

M.

Peterlawman will sell you all you need including the Loadall 2. http://www.peterlawman.co.uk/

The recipes are simple for what you want. I prefer 24grams of shot in a VP05 wad for my claybusting with a CX2000 primer and 21grains (1.36grams) of Vectan AS :good:

Guest cookoff013

Peterlawman will sell you all you need including the Loadall 2. http://www.peterlawman.co.uk/

The recipes are simple for what you want. I prefer 24grams of shot in a VP05 wad for my claybusting with a CX2000 primer and 21grains (1.36grams) of Vectan AS :good:

sits,

that looks like a great recipe. whats the FPS and the psi? it should be a quickie !

Guest cookoff013

The FPS was 1275 when I tried it. The psi is probably on the c&g cd :yes:

It's a very mild load so I haven't worried too much.

thats what i thought a classic 1300fps load, (is that muzzel vel?).

thats what loading is about great cartridges, nice and safely relaoded, with good performance.

Hey sits which carts are being used as donors?

I use any 70mm PT type that will recrimp well but prefer Hull Pro One and RC2's, White Golds aren't too bad but the brass tends to crumple sometimes when you resize them. Usually get my empties from the DTL stands so I can get a load of all the same type. Avoid Eley's.

Always double check internet data and satisfy yourself that it's safe.

Edited by sitsinhedges

will lyvale Dan Arms or hull comp X be good as donors??

how many times can you reload spent carts? or is it safety checks every time you goto reload and make the call on it!

You have to go out and try them, different people get different results with different equipment etc, but use them once and throw them.

Guest cookoff013

the american hulls can withstand a beating, stronger plastic.

the paralell hulls can be shot a couple of times.

if you look at the area where the powder was, the plastic thins upon firing.

more than a couple then crimping and other problems occur.

I use any 70mm PT type that will recrimp well but prefer Hull Pro One and RC2's, White Golds aren't too bad but the brass tends to crumple sometimes when you resize them. Usually get my empties from the DTL stands so I can get a load of all the same type. Avoid Eley's.

Always double check internet data and satisfy yourself that it's safe.

RESEARCH AND RECORD for future use: Cheddite primers are slimmer than those of Fiocchi, Martignoni and UEE makes. Some manufacturers use both Cheddite and UEE cases.

Example: Take 67mm Eley 'Firsts'; it is easy to discard good cases that will accept a Cheddite primer. LOOK at the height of the brass on these cases; the shorter brass will house a Cheddite but in the slightly higher brass, the Cheddite is a VERY loose fit. The primer socket is LARGER because the UEE primer is several thou 'fatter'.

Eley olympics too are problematic to the unwary. Here, not only does the company use two or three different cases, they also use 67mm cases that, in a batch of spent cases, are hardly noticeable. This is why the crimp 'pops' when a homeloader blindly reloads with a sausage machine like a MEC 9000 or a Pacific.

GET TO KNOW your spent cases like the back of your hand. If possible stick to one type.