New Clay Shoot - opening this Sunday nr Bristol

JonnyR

Morning All,

a mate of mine works at Braces shooting and country supplies and they are starting a new clay shoot at;

Maes Knoll Farm

Norton Malreward

Pensford

Bristol

BS39 4EZ

Tel: 01173 009956

This Sunday 17th April is the opening and there is a 50 bird sporting for £25 incl Cartridges and Clays. There is also a BBQ there. It runs from 10:30 to 12:30.

cheers,

Excellent, always good to see a new shoot opening up. Seem to remember the owner was a successful shooter so we could see a challenging layout.. :good:

Probably wouldn't want to shoot using their carts though, not when I've got a few thousand of my own at home. Guess they'd let you just pay for the card though.

Hmmm! 10.30am - 12.30pm is going to be a problem though.

I`v seen other clubs do that and there's just not enough time to shoot, chat, eat etc in the two hours before they've got the traps in the trailer and gone home while half the shooters are still there. The next thing is they resort to only 30 shooters because thats all that can get round in time. So you drive 25/30 miles to shoot and you can`t because your number 31. :yes:

The result is not many people turn up at all because they are not sure that they are going to get a shoot.

I hope I`m wrong but I`v seen it before. It needs to be at least 10.00am - 1.00pm to make it work properly. :yes:

hey guys, just noticed this

coach i can see what your saying RE: times, but we are flexible on time really as we own the land there and are setting up as a permanent thing,

entries are 1030-1230 everybody will be allowed to complete the layout regardless of time! as its our first one its trial or error regarding times etc but we are flexible and will adjust to suit the shooters/customers!

hope to see you there

Dan

coach i can see what your saying RE: times, but we are flexible on time really as we own the land there and are setting up as a permanent thing,

entries are 1030-1230 everybody will be allowed to complete the layout regardless of time! as its our first one its trial or error regarding times etc but we are flexible and will adjust to suit the shooters/customers!

hope to see you there

Dan

What a refreshing attitude to see - so many businesses forget that the customer is king - well done and I wish you all the best. :good:

hope to see you there

Dan

Hi Dan,

Hope you don't mind me putting up this post. I am mate of Johnny Moore, hence the publicity. Looking forward to it on Sunday. See you there.

cheers,

Excellent, always good to see a new shoot opening up. Seem to remember the owner was a successful shooter so we could see a challenging layout.. :good:

Probably wouldn't want to shoot using their carts though, not when I've got a few thousand of my own at home. Guess they'd let you just pay for the card though.

Hi Martyn,

I'm not entirely sure but I think John Pool 'owns' the shop. Given he just won the Vets class at the Pan African, I should imagine he knows one end of a shotgun from the other!

hope to see you there

Dan

Is it fibre or plastic wad,will it always be 50 birds or perhaps 100 in the future,just wondering as i'm over the bridge and 100 makes it worth the time and effort. Good luck!

Well done Dan, that's the right attitude to have mate, I hope it goes really well for you.

I will indeed pop up and have a look in a couple of months when your up and running full blast as it were if you can give me the sat-nav post code.

I`m currently doing small shooting ground reviews for the top well known shooting magazines and THE other well known shooting web site as I truly believe the future of shooting is in their hands. The big clubs are far too greedy and expensive and just will not survive like that.

I didn`t mean to be negative in my post but as I`v said, I`v seen it all before because the people running the shoots were not flexible. If you are, then your on to a winner and I will do what I can to help and promote you. :good:

Good luck. ;)