Theoben rapid 17 trigger problemH

Are you able to engage the trigger sear when you pull the bolt back ?

Have you moved the spring tension screw in ?

Is the safety catch in the safe position ?

I would suggest removing the bottle before tinkering just in case you have a pellet up the spout :good:

its going to be something simple but i cant remember off hand what the cause is likely to be,i have come accros that before but its been a long time since i stripped one

Hi, i think this is a simple case of to many guns syndrome. i'll bet that this poor gun hasnt been out in a while for a proper day out, they get temprimental with lack of use and when a rapid 17 gets a huff on it can be hard to remedy. it happened to me once and after many ours googling with no results, heres how i fixed it.

put the gun over your shoulders behind your neck with one arm over each side (barrel and but). tell it you still love it and then close your eyes. spin round 3 times and then run with your eyes still closed untill you hit the nearest wall. the jolt should fix one of you, if not both. if this method fails i am afraid the only other option is to sell it to a brother maybe. if you have more than one brother, start at the letter A and work through the alphabet till you get to the name of the first brother and sell it to him for £100. PROBLEM SOLVED/PASSED ALONG. ps make sure there are at least three people watching this manouver or it wont work. hope i have helped. GOOD LUCK.

Hi, i think this is a simple case of to many guns syndrome. i'll bet that this poor gun hasnt been out in a while for a proper day out, they get temprimental with lack of use and when a rapid 17 gets a huff on it can be hard to remedy. it happened to me once and after many ours googling with no results, heres how i fixed it.

put the gun over your shoulders behind your neck with one arm over each side (barrel and but). tell it you still love it and then close your eyes. spin round 3 times and then run with your eyes still closed untill you hit the nearest wall. the jolt should fix one of you, if not both. if this method fails i am afraid the only other option is to sell it to a brother maybe. if you have more than one brother, start at the letter A and work through the alphabet till you get to the name of the first brother and sell it to him for £100. PROBLEM SOLVED/PASSED ALONG. ps make sure there are at least three people watching this manouver or it wont work. hope i have helped. GOOD LUCK. Thanks Andy but it was no help at all :lol:

This happened to me a while back, i put the safety catch on then took it off and the trigger would not move.

On taking the stock off, somehow a pellet had lodged itself in the trigger mechanism.

Thanks this is exactly what must have happened. how I don't know. I just took the stock off and a pellet dropped out, all working now. Thanks again all. :good: