add on shotgun high ribs

Dibs

I have been looking at these on line from a couple of companies - rib-i and retrofit.

Has anyone experience of using either of these or any other makes of any note? looking for a shallow one around 10mm high.

cheers

Dibs

I have been looking at these on line from a couple of companies - rib-i and retrofit.

Has anyone experience of using either of these or any other makes of any note? looking for a shallow one around 10mm high.

cheers

Dibs

I have fitted 2 after market high ribs for clients and also fitted adjustable stocks to match, It is a growing trend with trap shooters and now moving into sporting.

Sage,

Thanks for your reply. Was there any particular make that you fitted / can recommend?

t

Both came from David Connor Period Guns 07876 335557 bot fitted well and looked good I have not looked into other types as yet so can only judge on just the 2 I have seen. Will say David Connor was very helpfull.

Wish I could be of more help. Regards Sage.

Sage,

Great - I have spoken with David funny enough by e mail this week and steering towards his product so good to hear. Was it the carbon rib type with the magnets and tacky strip you fitted?

Cheers

Dibs

Edited by Dibs

• 6 months later...

Hi all - Dibs i was wondering if you went ahead and had one if these fitted what do you think of it? Does it do all they claim? Been reading up on the retrofit high ribs in Clay Shooting recently and they seem to get high praise - then again i've never seen anything that doesn't, given that they review their advertisers goods :blush: Do you think it has improved your scores? Would appreciate your opinion or anybody else's on these things 'cos i checked up on price on the Retrofit site and the 20mm one i would look at for the XTR is 245 Quid so its a **** load of dosh for a lump of plastic that looks like a ladder :rolleyes: especially if its rubbish!

Cheers

Caisterboy

If anyone is interested the retrofit site is here;

http://www.highrib.co.uk/

Yep got one of them and its up already :D

Have you used a high rib gun yourself Ed - bespoke or otherwise? I'd really appreciate your opinion on it if you have tried and hated or didn't see any benefit in one. Its not for sporting that i would use for, but i've been getting into my ABT up here in sunny Scotland and I've been seriously considering getting into Registered comps again.

Ive had a stepped rib for years, but it's only the standard height krieghoff one minus the ramp- so to all intents and purposes exactly as any other K80 trap.

They are not a magic cure by any means and for sporting would steer clear of anything higher than 15mm. It's all about ho you set the stock up- you can have the highest rib in the world but set it up flat and it's a waste of time; you really want to see a good chunk of rib to help peripheral vision, high rib or otherwise....

Edited by EdSolomons

Thanks Ed i really appreciate your advice and I have the trap gun set up pretty much how you describe and it does suit me, My main reason for the questions is that i have found that with a lot of rib showing my eyeline when bringing the gun up is drawn down onto the rib and i'm not looking out into the space beyond the trap house. I have too really force myself to look beyond it which is not something i have an issue with when i shoot the sporter with which i prefer to see less rib. i thought the higher rib could help me look out beyond it. Never been much for gizmo's on guns but these things have me intrigued.

Anyway, Thanks again to yourself and Dibs and i hope i haven't bored the pants off you with my numerous questions but its great for people like me to be offered (free :blush:) advice from much better shooters than myself :good:

if you' re ever up in sunny Aberdeenshire there's a beer on the table for you.

Happy hunting if you're out at the weekend

Caisterboy