Making an Air Rifle FAC

ellebarto

It looks like I'm going to have to have my FAC varied just to change an existing moderator for a new one and it seems a big waste unless I ask for something else at the same time. I've got a BSA Ultra PCP air rifle. Was toying with the idea of getting this cranked up to above 12ftlb and getting it onto my FAC.

Any thoughts on whether I'm just wasting my time or even if its possible on this kind of air rifle? I'm a bit new to air rifles in general and only got this one for one specific permission that requires it!

It looks like I'm going to have to have my FAC varied just to change an existing moderator for a new one and it seems a big waste unless I ask for something else at the same time. I've got a BSA Ultra PCP air rifle. Was toying with the idea of getting this cranked up to above 12ftlb and getting it onto my FAC.

Any thoughts on whether I'm just wasting my time or even if its possible on this kind of air rifle? I'm a bit new to air rifles in general and only got this one for one specific permission that requires it!

The shot count would be hilarious, they also have very short barrels so don't expect anymore than 20ft/lb at the very best.

Its easier and cheaper to just buy a FAC air rifle.

The shot count would be hilarious, they also have very short barrels so don't expect anymore than 20ft/lb at the very best.

Its easier and cheaper to just buy a FAC air rifle.

There are regulators available for this air rifle that double the existing shot count but like you say, I guess it would eat air! To be honest I'm just looking for additions to make a stupid variation seem value for money!

30 shots per fill? I think when regulated it goes up to about 70.

Still worth investing in a proper FAC air rifle as you can get a lot more than 10 ft/lbs.

Yeah pretty much what I've read although the fitter of the reg claims to fix those 70 shots at a constant 11.5 ft/llbs which is OK.

Yeah pretty much what I've read although the fitter of the reg claims to fix those 70 shots at a constant 11.5 ft/llbs which is OK.

I've had two reg'd ultras, and in fact I know someone who is selling one of my previous owned ones, they become a different gun when reg'd... :good:

A 1 for 1 costs Nothing so it is simply a paperwork excercise, if you add something it will cost £26! :good: