Bloody tyre prices...!

dodeer

Need 2 new front BFG A/T tyres for my truck in 265 70 r16 and went to local tyre fitters who have always been good on price etc and was quoted a staggering £170 per tyre for these !

Am i being ripped off or are they the prices now days?

Sam, try Micheldever for the new Grabber AT, they had them for mine at £136 balanced and fitted, elsewhere they were £176 each.

I've just got four fitted to my Disco and they have quite an aggressive looking tread but are pretty good on the road. :good:

The tail end of last year I paid £266 all in for two 235/65/17 Goodyear Wrangler tyres......I was quoted £336 for the very same just last week by the same company, a bit of haggling brought them down to £280. You got to watch 'em but the raw material prices have shot up to be fair.

Need 2 new front BFG A/T tyres for my truck in 265 70 r16 and went to local tyre fitters who have always been good on price etc and was quoted a staggering £170 per tyre for these !

Am i being ripped off or are they the prices now days?

that is indeed pretty much the price, if its the same axle then you can also use 245/75 16 which is a near identical rolling radius. Pros are slightly narrower so improve economy a bit and tyres round me the BFG's are £136 a tyre fitted. Basically BFG make more of the higher profile tyres as people usually increase the profile when specing off road tyres.

In your case you'll be fine running a pair of 245's with your old tyres on the back as they are such a similar rolling radius