Quad bike MOT

gixer1

Took my quad bike in to get mot'd today and found out vosa have now made a hydraulic handbrake an automatic fail, just thought I'd give the folks with quad bikes a heads up as a lot of quads have this feature so if possible get them re-mot'd before June 1st 2011!!

Regards,

Gixer

thats right i am a tester and they now have to be mechanical, this i a directive from vosa not just something that the testing station as made up we are bound by what they say, and there is no way round it.

vosa dont take in to account the cost that this will enforce on people. but no dout there will be a diy kit out there that will save you a quid or two.

• 1 month later...

Now I'm peeved :o(

Brought my Suzi LTZ400 back from Germany with me. Just on the verge of getting it registered over here and looking forward to getting the MOT sorted.... And now it's a case of "where's the goalposts?... Ah yes.. There they are.. Over there in the distance" :o(

Having said that. Soes anybody know if the Suzi's parking brake is mechanical?.. I'm not mechanically minded I have to admit. But the parking brake is on the clutch side of the quad...Mmmm.. Anybody know the answer to that one?..... Geez I'm peeved!!!

The rules changed because of failure on a number of Hydraulic parking brake system on quads whilst being tested by VOSA or whatever body it was.

I had a letter earlier this year luckily for me my quad is a mechanical parking brake.

They suggest in the letter that those who quad bike fall into the hydraulic category to contact there supplier or importer of the machine.

Alan