webley and scott 812

gemini52

i took a webley 812 in part ex against mossburg, i just got bored with it the guy said it would not eject the empties so i thought take a chance cant be that much wrong with it. took it to bits gave it a good clean new o ring, every thing looks good its got to work now took it on the clays, no joy messed about with the o ring still no joy start looking for a hole in the fence all the dam things good for.i emailed a guy at webley and scott he wreckons the o rings at fault send you some, no problem be about a week, still waiting what a waste of time, i dont like to be beaten found a break down on the net of the piston it showed a metal ring held in place with a cir clip takes the barrel of guess what no metal piston ring,spoke to the previous owner he said this was how he bought it, the gun had been giving problems from new and been back to the shop three times.goes down to my local plumbers merchant and picked up some bigger o rings puts this on in place of the metal ring, a bit of enginering grease,it works a treat result, i used it half a dozen times with out a problem then sold it for 275 00 it still works fine,the moral of the story is dont give up

Hello i had the same problem with mine, just wouldnt eject, i sent it away to be fixed cost me 40 quid and. 3 weeks but they fixed it and serviced it at the samemtime it came k the cleanest id ever seen lol

hi mate the ok for the money if you keep the piston well greased it cuts down the wear and tear, the parts back up sucks happy shooting

I've got an 812 and have had no problems with it yet. Can I ask what sort of grease you use on the o-ring and as daft as it sounds, how much do you put on? Thanks!

hi mate i used a light bearing grease called skf looks like vaseline, you can use motor oil as well it just helps to cut down on wear it also helps with cleaning the residue just cant stick. be sparse just a bit on your finger will be fine.just remember to clean it off after each shoot.i took the gun to bits i was quite impressed how well made they are they seem to have copied the beretta semi, time will tell if they last the course cheers tony