floater/bobbers

srrb

FAO Hebertus/SRRB

Home made bouncy/floater

Like Cranfield said in an earlier thread the pigeon floater/bouncer what every they are called are very easy to make

I went down the two piece route. This way in can be tucked away in the boot of the car and not stuck in someone ear whilst driving to the field

The main floater itself is 6mm steel, die threaded in obviously 6mm coarse thread. Theses are then joined together with a 6mm connecting nut and finished off with a 6mm locking nut. The connection is solid and will not split or unfasten

When they are joined together it gives a 6ft 3" total length of bouncyness ?( :o )

When this set up is used in the field it really does bounce. With it being 6ft plus in length you can set it to higher when the crops start to grow

pigeonfloater005.jpg

The wing spreader is also home made, the arms are screwcut threaded for a secure fitment. If you have a look at Cranfields earlier post (Bouncer 1)you will see a similarity between mine I have made and the one he bought from a well known retailer. The ones I have made don't use cheap plastic parts and cheap 5mm thumbscrews

The pigeon wings are then fastened onto the arms with the crocidile clips. And trust me these little things are very strong. Catch your finger end in one on a cold day and you know about it

pigeonfloater006.jpg

Foot is welded prong to allow secure placement in the field

>

The wing spreaders can also be used on pigeon magnets, as they do the same job

pigeonfloater003.jpg

I have also made some tail spreaders, which are just a shorter arm section than the v-section wing spreaders but almost the same design. This fans the pigeon tail feathers out and is also very effective giving a new dimension to movement in the pattern

Jonno

Edited by jonno 357

How much you flogging them for Jonno?  :o

At the risk of a ban  :(

Its not a commercial sale Stuart so trading via PW forum would certainly be acceptable under the rules strictly upheld by the moderating department :(

Jonno

Edited by jonno 357