decoy patterns

person22

personally i tend to keep the magnet to one side of the decoys, if you put it in the horseshoe pattern birds wont fly to the front of the pattern and just makes your chances of hitting them a bit harder.

Move it around and see how birds react,

There a good piece of kit but dont always help.

Neil

hi

now most of the time i leave the mags at home and just use bouncers as over the last few months ive been out i have found that has they are coming in they have jinked off at 50-60 yards and when i have taken in the mag all is well and they start to come in with no probs apart from hitting the blo*dy things :*)

may be they are just gitting used to the mags as everybody is so hell dent on useing them

pigeons may be a pest but they not stupid :o :(

Magic roundabouts can scare the daylights out of pigeons, and mine stays in the car most of the time. The flapper works OK but I`ve shot 43, and a crow today, over OSR, with only ten dead birds on cradles as a start. There was nothing to scare them and they came in ones and twos, with the occasional small groups, just like it used to be!! There's no telling how many whirlies they've been over during the winter and seeing a few of their mates quietly feeding, must have made a change. Rotaries certainly have their place, but I rarely use mine.

Edited by invector