Variation has landed

Posted on here a few days ago about the wait i was having to go through for my FEO to process

my variation for .243 and how i thought things wouldn't go right for me and i may not have the caliber i wanted.

Well i'm super glad to tell you all it came through today. It had it passed for fox only for

time being or untill i find myself some deer shooting. I asked to buy 200 rounds an hold 250 and i

had buy 100 rounds an hold 160. So i'm not that bothered about that.

Just got to save a few more quid to buy my new rifle. I sort of know what rifle i want

which is Tikka T3 Lite, but baffled as to what to put on it scope wise. Been looking at Sworovski or

Ziess scope preferabley with a variable magnifictaion.

Hopefully i wont be to long putting my own photos on here of any foxes i shoot in the near future.

Looking forward to joining the center fire world of shooting :D :D :D :D

DD

Well done my mate just bought a tikka t3 lite very nice rifle.

Thanks Paul mate. Just puzzling my head as what scope to get.

See so many nice looking scopee with nice price tags to go with

them. Any advice on any makes that do well in the mornings an at dusk.

Don't fancy paying dear for a sight if its not going to do what i want.

Any advice would be great an put to good use

Thanks

DD

I got a couple of zeiss you could look at but they are stupid money at the moment brilliant when the light is going tho atb paul.

Cheers Paul. I may take you up on that and i don't think you live that far away from me down the valley. Looking at paying up to a grand if needs be for a good scope. Been looking at those Ziess Duralyt Scopes

and Sportsman Gun Center is doing a combo deal with a Tikka T3 Lite, wildcat mod and 3x12-50 Ziess scope for £1500 odd.

So i'm iffing an arring about going down that route till i get into it a bit more into center fire shooting. Not a totall novice by

any means, but not as experienced as most.

DD

Cheers Paul. I may take you up on that and i don't think you live that far away from me down the valley. Looking at paying up to a grand if needs be for a good scope. Been looking at those Ziess Duralyt Scopes

and Sportsman Gun Center is doing a combo deal with a Tikka T3 Lite, wildcat mod and 3x12-50 Ziess scope for £1500 odd.

So i'm iffing an arring about going down that route till i get into it a bit more into center fire shooting. Not a totall novice by

any means, but not as experienced as most.

DD

Aberbargoed.

Thanks Steve mate. I was beginning to believe it was going to go pear shaped for me. But in all fairness he came good for me in the end. So I must say Im beaming now.

Yes I think that combo deal is the way to go. And its a

Affordable price as well. Read up on those Duralyt scopes

A bit more and they supposed to be the biz for their price tag.

I think you could do better than the scope that comes in that combo deal...

The Duralyt is Zeiss's "budget" entry level offering. Whilst I'm sure it's still a great scope, there are plenty of others out there.

I know there is plenty more out there that could be better Gary mate. I just thought as its my first center fire, that combo

should be ok for what i will doing with it. I can always put those Ziess on my HMR when i get more into center fire shooting and gain

more experience with the rifle. Then if i decide to get into deer stalking which i hopefully will, either paid or a farm where

deer are present on an i'm allowed to take one or two. Then i will buy a more prestigious scope an put those on my .243.

But at the moment budget says i got to go with what i can afford.

Just be careful...

I think the Sportsman is overpriced.

I paid £940 (£100 cheaper than the SGC) new for my T3 Super Varmint, and that scope can be bought for £500 new

Why not put the "package" together yourself from somewhere else?

Edited by garyb

Just be careful...

I think the Sportsman is overpriced.

I paid £940 (£100 cheaper than the SGC) new for my T3 Super Varmint, and that scope can be bought for £500 new

Why not put the "package" together yourself from somewhere else?

I agree with you there Gary mate. I just looked at Uttings scopes an their selling those Duralyt scopes for £500 as you said.

Thanks for the input mate. I think i'll sit back a bit an let the excitment go a abit an then decide which way to go.

I could save myself a bit of money in the long run.

Thanks for putting me in the picture mate, just got a little excited like a kid in a sweet shop lol

we all do it i suppose. :good: :good: :good:

Atb

DD

Edited by deputy dog