Ladder trap trouble!

Is the call bird one you caught nearby? If so, try to swap it for one, from away. Is it possible to relocate the trap somewhere else?

I've got a similar happening, ladder trap and several larsens(Which I keep moving) knocking about in over about 500acres, BUT, got just one family of crows left and they just ignore them. I think, with the young now fledged, they are not as territorial as when breeding. Today, managed to get a young un, with the HMR when sat on a bush and instead of mobbing it, the rest just cleared off, which is odd in itself. :hmm:

Be interesting to see if anyone else has any ideas :good:

it may be that it stands out to much ,and needs dulling down to blend in to its surroudings

Maybe, with the OP's problem, but mine is years old. Caught 100's of rooks and crows in it's time, but, this year, as usual, caught well, then for some reason, the similar problem. It's frustrating, when you suddenly stop catching, for no known reason and tried every trick in the book (Mine, anyway)<_<

You should take the roof off and leave food in for two weeks and let them fly in and feed and fly out again after two weeks replace the roof and you will catchh plenty this is one we made earlier & have caught plenty

Mark

post-24750-0-66920900-1306534796.jpg

Edited by mark@mbb

You should take the roof off and leave food in for two weeks and let them fly in and feed and fly out again after two weeks replace the roof and you will catchh plenty this is one we made earlier & have caught plenty

Mark

:good: That's the way I'd play it, build up confidence before going for the catch. You don't really need a call bird although I guess it does add confidence to others to join it.

Good luck.