Importing gun parts from the USA - successfully

Cosmicblue

A few weeks back I was searching the forum on the topic of importing gun parts from the USA - views were mixed.

I had it mind to buy some Briley Browning Invector chokes (the std short non plus sort) in their extended format with those blingy coloured rings around the ends (sad I know) for my recently acquired 28" 425 - I know I could have had Teague ones and they would have been just as good....

There are dealers in the UK that list them - but always back ordered and expensive. I started looking stateside and came across these people Performance Shooting HQ I actually emailed them with a link from this forum asking if they were aware of any issues - and they said no - problems are rare with choke tubes. I have to say I was a little wary - these guys are in Texas where guns are kind of common.

I placed an order for 3 chokes (M, IC & Skt) - to be shipped via the US postal system (including the Barclaycard fees it came to £103.75 all up) - I was expecting a customs+VAT bill for that kind of money. Ten days later a padded envelope arrived - no customs charges levied at all. On closer inspection the shipping label was marked as zero value and there wasn't a packing note in the envelope either way a great result.

Iv'e used Performance Shooting HQ a few times to buy chokes,they always seem to be cheaper even with the postage,and have never paid vat or duty, my last purchase was Briley optima HP chokes.They took a bit longer to arrive as Briley had to run a new batch,when the package arrived it was damaged,the bottom of the package was opened and it was empty.I emailed them and a week later I recieved my replacement order.

How good are they :good:

john