Rabbit gut and skinned?

Just watched this and being a self taught beginner rabbit skinner and gutter and have tried several ways this vid is by far the best and cleanest way of skinning and gutting a rabbit

Wish l watched this before as l took 2 hours last night doing 6 rabbits wrongly :blush::lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kq1dJbMIFqU

or this way :blink: separate the skin from the meat with air !

(i dont do this)

Crying with laughter whilst watching this

Mind you he did make a hash of doing it !

Think he broke every bone in the poor rabbits body ,, you can hear the bones cracking as he is separating the skin ! :no:

I dont skin them out anymore.

crack all four legs above the feet (garden shears or secateurs!), open the skin by the hip, pop one "knee" through, peel back skin so you can do this with both legs,

take the back legs off at the hip. (quick slice down edge of pelvis and twist off

pull skin off back and cut out loins (sausage sized muscle that runs along either side of back between ribs and pelvis)

and depending on how it has been shot or what mess the .17 vmax has made I pull the front legs off as well. (quick slice between shoulder blade and ribs)

leaves the guts and abdomen intact and take off 90% of the edible bits in under 5 mins when you have done a few

• 1 month later...