New steel shells

Guest cookoff013

Guest cookoff013

guys,

i`ve noticed a few manufacturers are making new steel shells, one being a 22 gram steel shell for clays and another with a quicker speed then usual.

they wernet there a few weeks ago.....

as everyone knows, i like my steel, but love my lead loads (when i can afford them).

what do the manufacturers know that i dont ?

just very odd as most manufacturers have overlapping products anyway.....

check this out...

http://www.hullcartridge.co.uk/products/game/steel_game_12.cfm

steel game extra? that speed exceeds the cip? whats going on?

http://www.hullcartridge.co.uk/products/competition/pro_steel.cfm

22 gram cartridge? thats new, i check on these guys regular...

gamebore have their steel shell line up sorted, they were the first major steel shotshell manufacturer.

i just dont understand why they are bringing out products that overlap their own products.... there isnt that much demand for steel...

and the steel shells that exceed the cip? whats that all about ?

Dont believe what it says on the tin. Last year i put loads of shells over the chrono and pattern plate to see which manufacturer is producing the best steel duck loads.

What i found as an eye opener.

Express hunting steel came out the worst for speed with an average of 935fps

Hull steel game came out at 1200fps

Bonarghi came out on top at 1335fps.

My steel homeloads came out at 1425fps which gives ample velocity and pattern very well.

Dont believe what it says on the tin. Last year i put loads of shells over the chrono and pattern plate to see which manufacturer is producing the best steel duck loads.

What i found as an eye opener.

Express hunting steel came out the worst for speed with an average of 935fps

Hull steel game came out at 1200fps

Bonarghi came out on top at 1335fps.

My steel homeloads came out at 1425fps which gives ample velocity and pattern very well.

Yeah man! But what about the pressure!!!!!!!! Chrono values without bar info are misleading and potentially dangerous! Oh Jesus! A little knowledge is dangerous!

Edited by Floating Chamber

Guest cookoff013

Yeah man! But what about the pressure!!!!!!!! Chrono values without bar info are misleading and potentially dangerous! Oh Jesus! A little knowledge is dangerous!

yeah,

selecting the right recipes is very hard sometimes. i`ve seen some right lemon loads.

often knowing what to look for can be of a big help.

Floater, I cant quote pressures on factory loads, the shell Manufacturers will ensure they are safe, im sure they will have all the knowledge required to produce a safe shell.

As for the loads i use, its a published load from the RSI manual, number 64, 850 p.s.i. So are you saying that thousands of published load data is dangerous ?? Where does it say on the Hull advert what pressure the shells are ? Where does it say on a box of shells what the bar is ??

You obviously have more knowledge than every cartridge manufacturer, or every book writen.