selby game fair

kipper

Hello is any of you lot going to the selby game fair?

I had a look on the net looks like its going to be Quite good, and discounts for BASC members to, :(

hope weather is fine, :D

www.selbygamefair.co.uk have a gander :/

kipper :)

I went last year and thought it was the biggest pile of **** ever. Ok if you want to watch monster wheelie trucks, go to the fun fair or buy mega expensive patio furniture, but as for decent shooting, hunting and outdoor pursuits stalls...NIL!! Take my advice, save your money up and go to the C.L.A gamefair :/

I have not been for a couple of years but it was always okay. You can'y really compare small country fairs with the big boys lake the CLA and the Midland though.

If you get decent weather its an enjoyable day out. Last year it was a disaster due to the very heavy rain turning the place into a mud bath but if it stays dry I'll be going.

Yes, I will be there on the Friday.

If you are expecting the likes of the CLA and Midland, forget it.

This is a small country fair. There are bargains to be had, as well as the usual rubbish.

Whereas I take a whole day to get round the Midland you can do Selby in half a day.

Whatever you do put the wellies in the car. The last two years have been very wet there and they have foolishly let the HGV's for the Trade stands on, the day before it starts, and the ruts ( I do not exaggerate !!) where everyone walks down the aisles, have been a foot deep in mud.

Worth turning out for if its fine. :lol: