Whistle training

Sco77w

I'm wanting to try and train my ess some basic whistle commands (stop and recall) so I went and bought a whistle last weekend. I was sold a 210.5 as the guy said that is supposed to be the one for spaniels. Is this the case or was he just trying to shift the dodgy coloured ones he had.

If this is the one for Spaniels what do I do when I get a second dog? I assumed there were different tones so you could use different whistles for different dogs.

nice idea but its hard work on you and the dogs as they get confused and in the heat of battle you use the wrong whistle and cant work out why dogs not listening.

far easier to use one whistle on the dog. teach them all the recall and stop so when your panicking about the dogs going on a road or wrecking a drive, you dont have to worry about what whistle where.

Im changing one of my dogs off the 210.5 onto the silent whistle as it is to confusing for the other one as well. if im picking up as a sweep then i let the dogs hunt with no input from me, if im sending for a single bird then its a single dog job.

if hunting up the hedges then i use one dog at a time.

when pigeon shooting i use one dog for a pricked bird and then both when it comes to tidying up the area.

all will work on the one whistle as im confused enough with out having to remember what whistle to what dog.