zeroing a 17hmr

texas

My .22 lr is zeroed at 50 yards . I was happily shooting rabbits at that range and over , no misses . When a couple popped up ate 20 yards i missed completely . I thought I might have to aim low next time but have realized that at that range , the round is still on its way up to meet with the point of aim ( 50 yards ) . Anyone else had this ?

Actually probably not, zeroed at 50yards it's primary zero would be about 17yards so near enough you'd be fine straight on. More likely parallax error.

long shots with a HMR.

Davep3@ on the bbs 312 yards confirmed by me 2 years ago just before he was posted overseas. lrf 900 was used to confirm the range.cz varmint 17hmr

Darren nico243 on many sites, 324 yards confirmed by me with a lrf 1200 just last week,cz varmint

myself 319 yards 2 days ago confirmed by the green keeper and Darren nico243,lrf 1200 again.

as for hunting fox with them, you MUST have this on your ticket or a hot water bath awaits you, or as in my case it says vermin control including all ground game, (fox is classed as vermin here, but double check this with your FEO.

i have in the past 10 years taken 21 fox with my HMR's but i have taken 70 with my 20 tac and just 9 with my 6mm br,

the HMR is very good at what it does, but its no centre fire.

bob.

long shots with a HMR.

fully grown crow, Davep3@ on the bbs 312 yards confirmed by me 2 years ago just before he was posted overseas. lrf 900 was used to confirm the range.cz varmint 17hmr

Adult rabbit, Darren nico243 on many sites, 324 yards confirmed by me with a lrf 1200 just last week,cz varmint

Aduklt rabbit, myself 319 yards 2 days ago confirmed by the green keeper and Darren nico243,lrf 1200 again.

as for hunting fox with them, you MUST have this on your ticket or a hot water bath awaits you, or as in my case it says vermin control including all ground game, (fox is classed as vermin here, but double check this with your FEO.

i have in the past 10 years taken 21 fox with my HMR's but i have taken 70 with my 20 tac and just 9 with my 6mm br,

the HMR is very good at what it does, but its no centre fire.

bob.

sorry these shots are on crows not foxes, :oops: sorry

bob.