Shooting lessons

Houseplant

Finally have got to the point where I have some free time on my hands and can go shooting. Since it's been about 10 years since I fired a gun, I thought a lesson might be a good idea.

Roughly how much are lessons if you have your own gun/ammunition?

Any recommendations for a place to have lessons in the Exeter/Devon area?

Thanks.

Edited by Houseplant

Hi The person I used was Dennis Stepney of ####.CO.UK,his mobile number is on the site. I tried the corporate one,s who give you a safety chat, make sure you are wearing safety gear,then out on the range, to be fair they learn you how to stand, hold the gun, and then get the allocated number of cartridges through the gun, with comments, a bit low, not enough lead etc, but they don,t tell yu why you are missing,and then on to the next customer it is just a corporate conveyer belt and you end up paying any thing from sixty up to a hundred pounds,including cartridges and clays,I had three lessons with this type and learn,t what they had to give in the first half an hour Dennis is a no ******** man tells you how it is, but listen and learn, he is totally dedicated to helping you, sometimes it is a long lesson sometimes shorter,I think he is brilliant.He was teaching one part at a time and not moving on until he was happy, his main aim is ti give a really good grounding make sure you stance is right,gun fits properly, his argument is if you learn his basics you can shoot any discipline. Why don,t you give him a try its one to one without crowds of other shooters looking over your shoulder and he is up in Wellington junction 26 M5,. I found Dennis to be cheaper than the others.With Dennis I found the cartridges cheaper than I was getting them for, but you can use your own.

Best of luck with whoever you choose make sure you enjoy it, its a great sport.

Mick the miller

Ashcombe do lesson if looking for something local, Tony is a really nice bloke but don't know how he rates as an instructor all I know is has been shooting game/clays for a very long time as is stil very passionate about the sport.

Hi The person I used was Dennis Stepney of ####.hen Dennis is a no ******** man tells you how it is, but listen and learn, he is totally dedicated to helping you, sometimes it is a long lesson sometimes shorter,I think he is brilliant.He was teaching one part at a time and not moving on until he was happy, his main aim is ti give a really good grounding make sure you stance is right,gun fits properly, his argument is if you learn his basics you can shoot any discipline. Why don,t you give him a try its one to one without crowds of other shooters looking over your shoulder and he is up in Wellington junction 26 M5,. I found Dennis to be cheaper than the others.With Dennis I found the cartridges cheaper than I was getting them for, but you can use your own.

yep learnt more in an hour with Dennis than I had in 3 months of lessons and practice! His no BS approach isn't for everyone but if your prepared to put the effort in it will assist you no end

EDIT: I should mention that this was all without firing a single shot (the first lesson) and I learnt far more than the previous fire 50, next client please type lessons previously, the second lesson more than made up for the lack of bangs in the first!

Edited by HDAV