magnet and decoys

SgP DK

Welcome Soeren, assuming your woodpigeons behave the same as ours, there will be times when the "Magnet" is all you  need and there will be times you will attract birds better without it.

Under "Tips & Tricks" on the Home Page there are examples of a few traditional decoy layouts.

I would certainly use loose decoys and add your "Magnet" to the layout.

Search around the forum a bit, there have been numerous posts on decoying techniques. :angry:

Just started using a rotor, and was thinking exactly the same thing. I have found that a traditional patern with the rotor about 15 yards away from the hide and OUTSIDE the patern works.

The little darlings will be attracted by the rotor and land in the patern, if you dont croud them out with the rotor.

Nigel

Best of luck Soeren, so much of decoy presentation is down to trial and error.

I have found, that if you start out with the "standard" recommended layouts, it is worth making various alterations every now and then, just to present a different "picture" to the birds.

Moving the "Magnet" in relation to the rest of the layout is an easy and obvious example.

Liked your website, didn,t understand a word of it, though. :angry: :angry: :angry::D