john bowkett

BUCKSHOT BILL

Yeah I know their are people doing the same things but for £40 extra I'd rather know for certain that the gun will be better than it was new, now have a two year guarantee and was looked at by John not just someone who knows how to take a regulator apart no offence intended as they obviously know their stuff; but John 'designed' from scratch the S10

Yeah I know their are people doing the same things but for £40 extra I'd rather know for certain that the gun will be better than it was new, now have a two year guarantee and was looked at by John not just someone who knows how to take a regulator apart no offence intended as they obviously know their stuff; but John 'designed' from scratch the S10

I understand what your saying but the BSA world is far bigger than JB and to suggest only one person is an expert is a mistake. 10 minutes on the BSAOG forum would demonstrate there are some very skilled and experienced engineers doing advanced work on the BSA rifles. Many doing identical tasks, some doing more advanced some offerring things JB doesn't and in the cases of the two main guys, the same gurantee on the work. They arent enthusiastic amateurs, they know there stuff! :good:

I have been around Air Gun's and in Trade and on Forum boards for Many years

and aware there are some good Gunsmiths around

But Johns the Only One I would let touch my BSA Gun's ;)

And aware that over the years He has put others attempts right :rolleyes:

BOB/R

I understand what your saying but the BSA world is far bigger than JB and to suggest only one person is an expert is a mistake. 10 minutes on the BSAOG forum would demonstrate there are some very skilled and experienced engineers doing advanced work on the BSA rifles. Many doing identical tasks, some doing more advanced some offerring things JB doesn't and in the cases of the two main guys, the same gurantee on the work. They arent enthusiastic amateurs, they know there stuff! :good:

:stupid:

If johns not very good why do many people go to him and come back raving about his work? It's called "blueprinting" because it does exactly that - it puts the gun back to how it was designed on paper before tue designs were handed over to BSA for mass production. You've gotta remember a super10 for example was the best selling PCP of all time; and the first PCP ever produced by BSA. Also won quite a few HFT competitions too iirc.

Yes rancidtom and xtx offer the same thing and yes maybe they do it cheaper but I bet they don't turn over the work John does. End of

(no offence to any of the aforementioned gunsmiths etc)

If John was so good, the guns would not need him to work on them from new!

I can attempt an answer for this one.

John designs them, he isn't responsible for manufacturing them. If BSA chooses to make economies in the manufacture of the rifles, and uses lower than specified components, that's hardly John's responsibility. Guess it gives him plenty of 'private' work though.

(And I don't have any BSA guns that Bowkett has worked on. He did work on my Titan a while ago which is why I am very happy with the quality of his work and professionalism but I have no axe to grind/interest re BSA.)

Thats all fair enough but XTX I know for sure has a waiting list for his work and people are signing up for his project mods before they are even ready. As I said, not doubting JB's credentials just saying he isn't some BSA god!

John Bowkett - not a BSA God - Wash your mouth Out

As Stated before BSA make to his Designed -

As BSA as currently owned by a Finance Company

They might not be making them to the Best Specifications :blush:

But I can asure you, that I have never herd of one Yet that John has not been able to sort

to Customers Satisfcation

I have never herd anyone attack John's Work -

Your Gun your Choice who you get to work on it ;)

BOB/R

By Blueprinting a mechanical device all fits are optimised, so each mating part is given the best quality fit to allow them to operate at maximum efficiency. Otherwise by definition loads of BSA guns are leaving the factory out of design tolerance, which simply can't be right. If it is right, then they should damn well do it under warranty.

:P

By Blueprinting a mechanical device all fits are optimised, so each mating part is given the best quality fit to allow them to operate at maximum efficiency. Otherwise by definition loads of BSA guns are leaving the factory out of design tolerance, which simply can't be right. If it is right, then they should damn well do it under warranty.

:P

You are confusing the issue by referring to the procedure of blueprinting an internal combustion engine and comparing it with what JB offers in the tuning service for rifles he has designed for mass production. What JB offers is what he calls a Blueprint tune. Anyone interested in exactly what that comprises, not just someones opinion, should read it straight from the horses mouth. :)

http://www.facebook.com/pages/John-Bowketts-Official-Fan-page/178352388876311#!/pages/John-Bowketts-Official-Fan-page/178352388876311?sk=app_2373072738