Trouble with Quad

Stu74

Hi all i have a smc quadzilla quad 250, when i push the start button it just turns a few times and it is as though the battery has drained so i got a new battery and its the same, i took the starter motor off and fastened it to something put positive and earth on to turn it over and wedged a piece of wood on the spinning part which just ate through the wood, the quad will bump off when pushed, i have even tried the wires from the battery straight to the starter motor when fitted and it still only turns about twice any help appreciated.

Thanks Stu

Hi all i have a smc quadzilla quad 250, when i push the start button it just turns a few times and it is as though the battery has drained so i got a new battery and its the same, i took the starter motor off and fastened it to something put positive and earth on to turn it over and wedged a piece of wood on the spinning part which just ate through the wood, the quad will bump off when pushed, i have even tried the wires from the battery straight to the starter motor when fitted and it still only turns about twice any help appreciated.

Thanks Stu

No expert by any means. Do you think it may be an issue with the valves sticking, if the cylinders were under compression it might stop the starter from turning ???

Dan

I have checked all earth leads, but it still only turns a few times when earth and positive is put straight on starter from battery. It would not be seized if it starts with a push will it. I had thought it is maybe a problem between the starter and the piston. Thanks all

Edited by Stu74

Hi

I have a Quadzilla bought new at christmas, I couldnt get any one round here with a brain to give info even the so called dealer in Ipswich didnt know he was one!!! so I rang Quadzilla direct, ring them ask for service then ask for "Gary" a really helpful guy that knows Quadzilla's inside out.

Alan

Try the QUADS UK forum they have a Quadzilla section there can be a bit slow but loads of info on the site, You will have to register.

Edited by Alanl50

Sounds like the starter solenoid had the same problem with my old trx 350

It seems as though there is just not enough power going through, the neutral light goes dim after turning it, although from having ran it for a few hours it has started on the button but it is hit and miss, Cheers Stu

• 2 weeks later...