badger cull ???

blindeye

My dairy farmers are split as are a lot of people, 50% say they see no definite link and the others say cull them. Personally i havn`t given the links and scientific studies any thought and leave that to people with bits of paper and letters after their names but if i`m asked by my landowner to actively shoot them with the appropriate licence and condition then i guess i would have to or risk losing my permissions.

I am not one who thinks that once a topic has been covered once on PW, it shouldn't be discussed again - otherwise the forum would grind to a halt.

But this was covered heavily a while ago, and I don't think much has happened with the proposed cull since then?

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/146875-badger-cull

Fill your boots :good:

I am not sure on the wisdom of a badger cull even though I can see that in some areas the numbers have grown to "pest proportions". You would be surprised at how many farmers tell me that they would like me to shoot any badgers I see on their land due to the damage they do with all their digging.

Obviously I tell them that I am sorry but I just can not do it due to the fact that it is currently illegal.

i get told all the time to sort them out and i agree they need to be sorted out. one farm at the min has lost two piglets 4 weeks ago and now monday had the nuts bit of three more i suppose there a bit bigger to tackle now. its a joke he cant help them just has to watch as each day there might be one less i feel for him. i counted 12 last week in a night spent there, all over his land and around the barns. he lost all pigglets last year real shame

• 4 weeks later...