ferret kits

whippetboy

What sort of advice are you looking for?Just handle them on a daily basis once they're up and about,and give them a flick on the snout if they try to bite,otherwise leave them to get on with it.Plenty of good food for the jill as she will get out of condition feeding them otherwise.Apart from that there's not much else to say.Good luck.

hi all had ferrets for x amount of years but first time i have had kits any advice please thanks wb :unsure:

yeah main thing is not to touch them and leave them for a month by then they should be moving about more keep them mother well fed as so she can produce enougth milk for them

i feed them on buiscuits but soaked in boiling water and left to cool as otherwise i think the biscuits are abit hard for them i notice mine were eating solids at about 20 days

hope this helps a little

Leave them alone until the start to come out the nest, The jill might be a bit nipper as she will be be protecting the kits. feed her meat or biscuit if that is hat she eats no need to mince or sock the biscuits she will do what is needed. she will break the biscuits up if need and the little kits will eat meat sooner than you think

Mother and kits

100_1113.jpg

Kits eating meat

100_1131.jpg

I also helped the mum with a little puppy/kitten milk NOT COWS MILK

100_1110.jpg

just do what people have advised,when you do start to handle them,they test things with their teeth,i wouldnt flick them on the nose though,a flick on the kits nose is akin to you being hit with a baseball bat,they will eventually stop nipping you,so handle them and handle them some more...

DAZ

just do what people have advised,when you do start to handle them,they test things with their teeth,i wouldnt flick them on the nose though,a flick on the kits nose is akin to you being hit with a baseball bat,they will eventually stop nipping you,so handle them and handle them some more...

DAZ

Totally agree I never hit any of mine and none of them bite no need to hit/flick them

• 2 weeks later...

hi all kits are coming on great sorry but when i said about having these kits i got them of a friend who breed them and i thanks all for your advice all taking aboard and i handle them daily and they are coming on great and cant wait to work them when they are older :good: ps this is one of the kits thanks again all

post-36002-0-69811200-1311934455.jpg