What's happened to Summer?

Frenchieboy

lovely weather , hate it when its hot just dont want to do anything.

i much prefer proper weather like rain , wind , snow etc to boring stagnent hot sunshine :no: , summer gets on me tits to be honest , everyone wants it hot then when it is every one moans about it :hmm: , bring on autumn :good:

Frenchy, do we know each other from any other forums, maybe EPS?

'photography for an equine cross country endurance event this evening and tomorrow. It is peeing it down right now and doesn't look like it is going to ease up and it is forecast to be raining most of the day tomorrow. This could loose me a lot of potential income'

How was your day?

That sentence makes perfect sense, apart from the last word. When have we ever, other than in nostalgia befuddled recollections, had good summers? 1976 was the last one I remember.

TBH your right there mate.It's getting from bad to worse down here as the rain is hammering down!!

Frenchy, do we know each other from any other forums, maybe EPS?

'photography for an equine cross country endurance event this evening and tomorrow. It is peeing it down right now and doesn't look like it is going to ease up and it is forecast to be raining most of the day tomorrow. This could loose me a lot of potential income'

How was your day?

It is possible that you might know me from another forum, I am on a few but I am not sure what "EPS" is - I've not heard of that one. This is my first contactas such with the "horsey world"!

As for how my day went - The weather was that terrible it really spoiled the day! Barely a third of the riders turned up and even then several of those that did arrive pulled out nefore they started so instead of about 50 riders there was only about a dozen. (The event was arranges by www.sportendurance.co.uk ) The rain and mist was constant which made seeing the markers in the fields and across the moors very difficuly for the riders to see on the 27 mile course and it made taking photos damned near impossible with visibility dropping down to about 40 yards at times and playing havock with my camera's sensors even though I was taking what photos I could from inside my 4X4.

What photos I did manage to get can be found at: http://imageandweb.weebly.com

All in all I am still cursing the weather and to top it all it is still raining cats and dogs here now!

Just to show you what everyone was up against here are a few of the photos. If you lookcarefully you can see the rain lashing down on the riders!

post-17172-0-66478500-1310977535.jpg

post-17172-0-89275000-1310977552.jpg

post-17172-0-20029600-1310977570.jpg

Edited by Frenchieboy

I've not even stepped outside since saturday afternoon :blink:

I reckon that is the longest time I've EVER stayed in, whilst in good health! I got up at 6.30am yesterday (Sunday) and it was pouring down, same all day, went to check the car around midnight, still raining, got up today 7.00 am and guess what....ITS STILL RAINING :angry::angry:

Never believed the St. Swithins tale before but maybe.... :lol: