Shotgun Licence

I have after years of shooting with the Father In Law decided to go it alone. No more being sat in the bottom corner of the field waiting for pigeons listening to him blast away!!

I have managed to get a cabinet second hand out of the paper, thats now fastened to the external brick wall. i have today posted my application form. Any ideas on time scale for how long it takes to get approved?

I have after years of shooting with the Father In Law decided to go it alone. No more being sat in the bottom corner of the field waiting for pigeons listening to him blast away!!

I have managed to get a cabinet second hand out of the paper, thats now fastened to the external brick wall. i have today posted my application form. Any ideas on time scale for how long it takes to get approved?

Depends on the force. It may take up to two months, so don't get too impatient. Good luck :good:

Hello Smog,

I presume Gatesheed's police force is Northumbria? Previously i would've given you a tale of woe as they used to be bad, REALLY bad. Several people i shoot with who are covered by them say they've cleaned their act up over the last year though so it could be anything from 6-12 weeks depending on how many applications they've got at the time (N.B. you might be lucky and its less, just heard a friend from Jarrow's going through in 3weeks!) It could also be longer . . . .

So all in all that was about as helpful as a kick in the nuts :rolleyes::lol:

Mark

Edited by Breastman

Mark,

Yeah Gateshead is part of Northumbria's finest.......

I have started asking around farmers that call into work wondering if they allow guns on land but most seem already tied up. I know this will be hard finding land but at least if I go with Father In Law we dont have to sit in same field when I have my own.

Hi Mate,

I'm from good old Gateshead as well and went through the same process less then 6 months ago, I think it took just over seven weeks from posting for mine to drop on the matt and same for a friend who applied just after me so not to long. Another friend is applying soon aswell so have sympathy for you both ;) Good luck with finding land and don't be put off by having to travel to your shoot as Gateshead area is not the best for gaining shooting access mine is 40 mile round trip but good luck anyway :D

Thanks

Matty

Hi Mate,

I'm from good old Gateshead as well and went through the same process less then 6 months ago, I think it took just over seven weeks from posting for mine to drop on the matt and same for a friend who applied just after me so not to long. Another friend is applying soon aswell so have sympathy for you both ;) Good luck with finding land and don't be put off by having to travel to your shoot as Gateshead area is not the best for gaining shooting access mine is 40 mile round trip but good luck anyway :D

Thanks

Matty

Matty

Yeah Father in law currently has land up by Chollerford and Heddon on the wall, I will be able to have access to. Ideally want something a little more local so I can get out after work for a couple of hours without having to travel to far (wishful thinking!!).

I am glad a friend told me about Pigeon Watch as some of the reading is helpful. Thanks

Matty

Yeah Father in law currently has land up by Chollerford and Heddon on the wall, I will be able to have access to. Ideally want something a little more local so I can get out after work for a couple of hours without having to travel to far (wishful thinking!!).

I am glad a friend told me about Pigeon Watch as some of the reading is helpful. Thanks

Suppose Heddon isn't to far to travel depending on where you live like. Well good luck mate and hope you find the site useful it has help me loads :good:

• 2 weeks later...