Zeroing and Claying

deadeye ive

Just like to say that What a good day I had to-day with ,Dougy ,Miffy ,Kenzie and Chris .

All Top blokes with Kenzie taking top gun at Skeet and Dougy top gun at compact sporting .

As for zeroing I seem to be at a stage where every time I go I seem to have to make minor adjustments.........1/2 clicks here and there :lol: ........Something I'd swore I've never do :lol::lol: ..........Plenty accurate enough for charlie fox though :huh:

Miffy .........Hope you get the 22/250 sorted .............Lovely gun ......My ears are still ringing mate :lol:

Alas ......No pics ..........Maybe next time :lol:

As for zeroing I seem to be at a stage where every time I go I seem to have to make minor adjustments.........1/2 clicks here and there :lol: ........Something I'd swore I've never do :lol::lol: ..........Plenty accurate enough for charlie fox though :huh:

Well they say all the best problems are solved after a visit to the toliet :D .....Well I've come to the conclusion that the inconsistant performance could be down to the fact that when the harris (S25c) is not being used and I'm resting on a sand bag (let's say ) it's feet touch the T8 .....Even more so now there is a muffler on it and seeing as the barrel is free-floated I wonder if this is the case :lol: .........This would explain alot as the previous zeroing I did was resting on a straw bale .

Time for ANOTHER Zeroing session :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I think Kenzie has been practisin on the skeet

I wish.

ok for only my second time on the skeet. :lol:

Thanks again for a top morning out,top lads with some top laughs :huh:

Ive,we shall sort a big day out over our place later in the year as promised so you and Dougy can get in amoungst some woodies

Thanks again

Kenzie

Edited by Kenzie

Well they say all the best problems are solved after a visit to the toliet :D .....Well I've come to the conclusion that the inconsistant performance could be down to the fact that when the harris (S25c) is not being used and I'm resting on a sand bag (let's say ) it's feet touch the T8 .....Even more so now there is a muffler on it and seeing as the barrel is free-floated I wonder if this is the case :lol: .........This would explain alot as the previous zeroing I did was resting on a straw bale .

Time for ANOTHER Zeroing session :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I find the same with my rifle. I now have a 13-29 inch bipod. When I put the legs up you can see it physicaly move the free floated barrel (similar set up to your self with T8 and bush muffeler). Even when I shoot off of sticks I get the Bipod down any way.

Dave

Time for ANOTHER Zeroing session :good::D:D:D

Let me know when :unsure: :blink: :oops:

Just a thought Miffy to see if the Crossairs have become detached lets say and to save the inconvenience of a journey to zero a faulty piece of kit .........Have you a black and decker workmate ?.....If so clamp the rifle or scope in it and focus the crossair on a fixed point and adjust the windage and elevation dials taking note of the amount of clicks so has to return to it's original setting .............Crude I know but could give you an idea if this high quality scope has kept it's consistancy .

I can't see it being the rifle .........even with a knackered throat and a damaged crown would you achieve groups as eratic and big :no: .

Let me know when the 22/250 set up is fixed and we'll definately have another zeroing session :)

Dave ..............you have confirmed my thoughts ...........Because I never operate from a vehicle and walkabout I'm either resting on a Fence post ,Lying prone or sitting with the legs extended if the need to elevate the firing point is required ............So this Bi-Pod is a necessary attachment ......

I also find it better when zeroing if you want to move it by lets say three clicks, to take five clicks and then go two clicks back. Can't explain really why but this was adviced to me by somebody who is a gunmaker (must be right then :yahoo: ) Works for me.

H & H

It'd be nice if you could explain this method of zeroing ........or the reason behind over adjusting the zero (Move 5 -2 to get to three clicks :blush: )

Cheers :drinks: