Another project bought and under way

straightshooter1

well guys as the Landy project nears completion I decided to give it a rest and bought an old mercedes which I used to own about ten years ago couldn't believe it was for sale when i saw it so impulse bought it! :blink: but quickly descovered that I have no use for a normal car like this

SDC10174.jpg

which 10 years ago I really liked so it was up for sale after just 3 weeks but couldn't sell her for love nor money well descent money so i messaged a few people who were selling there 4x4's who where looking for a swap and befor eyou know it I had a good few people interested but this one just pulled on my heart strings I have owned a few of these beasts in the past but never a bobtail so i thought what the hell another project would keep me out of trouble so here she is:

KGrHqEOKjUE3w8R59BNkLHf61Q_3.jpg

KGrHqEOKpwE3t5yrVdnBNkK745L_3.jpg

KGrHqIOKiYE3jt7pfM1BNkK-mJyg_3.jpg

KGrHqMOKjcE354ZGFGRBNkLMDWbw_3.jpg

KGrHqMOKkME3u7ok1V3BNkLBMMKw_3.jpg

KGrHqMOKnQE3dIyC2GBNkLI7V5Q_3.jpg

KGrHqQOKiQE3e-PVIQBNkLVUrg_3.jpg

KGrHqQOKiYE3lCCOq3SBNkLM60g_3.jpg

KGrHqQOKkYE3RB3uL5lBNkK-76J_3.jpg

as you can see she had a bit of a bump at the front also where she was bobtailed she had mastic put into the join which looked terrible but over all the chassis is solid and the convertion as a whole isn't bad had lots spent on her including suspension work and engine mods she just needs finishing off

so with no further ado I had to crack on and fix the bonnet wing and the joins on the rear panels and here she is so far

IMG_0040.jpg

IMG_0041.jpg

IMG_0042.jpg

IMG_0043.jpg

IMG_0044.jpg

now the dilema what colour I'll throw this one out to you guys my thoughts are silver as is or the g4 challenge colours as below or maybe another suggestion :look:

G4rr1.jpg

or red

bobtail_rangerover_02.jpg

tell me what you think or any suggestions that you may have :good:

something like this? not sure about that :blush:

Nah that truck looks well gay. I meant like the muddy wheelers. IMO no colour soaks up light like this colour, when they're clean they look like they're superimposed. This piccy doesn't do them justice.

post-28393-0-11051100-1312373079.jpg

Edited by ack-ack

well i am a long way off painting so i'll keep it in mind got the underside to do first and the interior to sort have allready stripped it out and fitted some huggy seats save me getting thrown about also have sourced a new petrol tank as the one in there at the mo takes up to much space also have to fit my lamping light and amp and speaker for the digital caller so lots of work to do lol and i'm still soding around with the landy just put the floors in this morning

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

guys just thought i would give you a quick update this project is coming along nicely have fitted bucketseats and removed rear seats removed the leaky tank in the rear added a plastic racing one and mounted it forward going to replace the current gearbox crossmember as the old one is the wrong one for the gear box and the exhuast rattle against it i have carpeted the rear and am waiting for some checkered rubber matting for the rear and front still haven't painted it but will get there in the end funds being short will post pics of the inside shortly

• 1 month later...

Always fancied doing one of these and then wrapping rather than painting so I could cover it in OS 1:25,000 maps

:good:

interesting :hmm:

well guys the project is going well have carpeted the sides and am waiting for the local paintshop that a mate of mine ownes to have a gap in his busy diary still undecided on colour but it's down to keeping it the same colour as it is or something rad :hmm:

welsh lamb,,do it in realtree camo :lol: :lol: you,ll look the part then,,you must have deep pockets for one of them things ,i had the shogun 3000 ecimulti but got rid now have a 2007 rav 4 toyota,,cant fault it :yes:

• 4 months later...

right chaps thought i would update you all on the progress.

the roll cage has been removed re welded as the welding was not the best and shot blasted then painted with a textured rubberized paint which looks great in fact i intend to use this stuff on the pillars and the inner doors great stuff, but expensive. and she has been completely rubbed down the colour has been purchased (it was the closest match to what i decided and found 5 liters on flea bay for £40 which is really cheap) and the rear end of the truck has been painted thought i would post a few pics

IMG_0163.jpg

IMG_0162.jpg

IMG_0161.jpg

IMG_0160.jpg

exscuse the pictures but they were taken with my iphone next job is to weld the rollcage on then paint the front then a few odds and **** and she should be ready to play