cz or marlin .22mag

millrace

taged this on to end of another topic,, going to look at 2nd hand cz but have also found new marlin in synthetic (which i prefer) for the same money,,, any opinions on these two, pros/cons etc this is my first rifle so would new be best as at least i know what ive got etc...all opinions/advice welcome they are both .22mag

CZ's are great and far better than any press they get.

You can get parts easy enough, but it would be unlikely you'd need any.

I improved the trigger sears on mine to refine the trigger sensitivity and its a super rifle.

I went for the american straight style stock in preference to the hog back but its your choice.

I'd have another tomorrow, just for the hell of it. I love these guns.

taged this on to end of another topic,, going to look at 2nd hand cz but have also found new marlin in synthetic (which i prefer) for the same money,,, any opinions on these two, pros/cons etc this is my first rifle so would new be best as at least i know what ive got etc...all opinions/advice welcome they are both .22mag

Get a .17HMR instead - the .22Mag is not a good round to be honest and the .17HMR out performs

it in accuracy, velocity, distance and has a better selection of ammo available. I have not seen

the Marlin but I do know that CZ's are reasonable priced and synonymous with reliability, but

that will come down to personal choice.

I have a marlin in 22LR and wood/blued. Shoots great, smooth, good feel, etc. Fully reliable, never had a misfire that was the guns fault. I'd have another in a heartbeat. I'd put the quality of mine up with the CZ. Mind you I did my own trigger work. The CZ does have a bit better trigger from the factory and aftermarket triggers are readily available here.

Given the same price I'd probably take the new marlin in the furniture you prefer and get the warranty with it rather than buying second hand.

thanks,

rick