Semi-Auto breakdown length

eredel

Hi Eric,

When you break the gun down you will have three parts,the stock,the forend and the barrel.

The longest part will be the barrel so if the barrel length is quoted as 28" the overall length of the barrel will be about 31" allowing for the length of the tang on the barrel that goes inside the action.

Breaking the gun is easy,you will have to do it to clean it.Unscrew the knurled nut on the end of the forend,remove the forend the pull the barrel off.Put the knurled nut back on a few threads for safe keeping.

Depending on the make of gun will determine whether you have to have the bolt back or not before you remove/refit the barrel.

Vic.

Edited by VicW

Yep me too,only have a breakdown cabinet

With my semi a Franchi 612vs,i take the barrel off,them remove the butt(to reduce the size of the action)and store in the cabinet in three pieces :good: its a bit of a faff but thats the only option open to me :good:

Or if your feeling flush buy yourself a Benelli vinci,which comes in three modules :good: BB