Beretta Silver Pigeon

kipper

The Silver pigeon is only made with a top lever for right handers, they don't do a left hander. :no:

Even if the stock is straight which very few are you will still have a cast at the toe to determine the cast of the stock.

If you have a left handed toe and use it in your right shoulder you will find it uncomfortable as the toe will dig into the shoulder when firing. This very often causes a canting of the gun resulting in a miss.

Buy the appropriate stock for the shoulder if you want to be any good. :yes:

I thought they were pistol grip? As opposed to straight hand?

If your left handed ( I shoot LH) then until you get £3k+ guns Blaser etc all top levers are the same RH but I don't even notice it now! And a LH top lever would confuse the he'll out of me! But a proper cast on gun is worth waiting for

Hi chaps.

As far as I am aware the stock on beretta silver pigeon guns are straight hand stock's ?

If so is the only differance between the L,H and R,H model the top lever used to break the gun?

Thanks in advance.

Kipper :good:

the stock on my silver pigeon is left handed! and the top lever moves over to the right

Thanks for the replies chaps much appriciated :good:

My situation is = I am right handed but I shoot left handed because I am lefy eye dominant. I have shot left handed now for years so I dont want to use an eye patch and learn to shoot right handed (as sugested in the past) I also shoot rifles and some have true left hand stocks and some have ambidextrous stocks so I want to continue to shoot left handed.

Shotgun.

I have had a winchester select since I started shooting shotgun's 7 years ago. I beleive it has a straight hand stock (it is not a left hand stock) I have allways fancied a Beretta silver pigeon and I was under the impression that they also had a straight hand stock so wondered if the only differance was the top lever (thanks to you chaps thats been clarified) So when I buy a silver pigeon I need to get a left hand stocked one.

I could do with getting a gun fitted to me but I dont know who to go to or where to start with it. Any Ideas anyone? Im from Chesterfield, Derbyshire area.

Anyone coming to chatsworth game fair next weekend?

Thanks again

Kipper.

You could try the gunsmith at Doveridge shooting ground (if using a sat nav be carful mine sent me down the wrong main road then onto the wrong single track road onto a dead end, instead of the right one). If you use a sat nav head for the village of Doveridge.

http://www.premierguns.co.uk/

Edited by BerettaSV10

Depends on your build etc miroku are pretty straight but still have cast. I shoot L/H althou a natural right hander I have a factory LH 525 the gun is the same as th RH only the wood is different there are LH beretta's but when I looked some were matched wood some were a stock swap and the wood was totally different to forend you may be lucky with the Winnie or not need much cast but worth checking and getting a pro to check fit