Wobbler/Bouncer Peg Pattern/

Frenchieboy

I have just been given 10 rubber shell pigeon decoys (Not full bodied) but they don't have any mounting pegs with them so I need to make some up. I enjoy doing things like this myself and get a lot of satisfaction out of it so I would like to try making some "Bouncer/Wobbler" type of mounting pegs up rather than just using a stiff/static piece of doweling. I know that you can make them out of metal banding and wooden dowel (which I should be able to get hold of and work with easily enough) so can anyone tell me what the best/most effective pattern and size is to bend them into to get plenty of movement please, or does anyone have a pattern/diagram that they could send me to work from!

Edited by Frenchieboy

I know exactly what you mean Mark but I was thinking about something to give movement like these:

I was wondering if anyone knew what sort of shape to bend the banding into to get this type of movement or if was just a matter of trial and error mate!

Edited by Frenchieboy

I just have a piece of banding about 10" long, bottom edge is snipped with metal shears into a point to go into the ground, top end is bent 1" at 90degrees and then turned back on itself to go into slot in the shell decoy. Finished thing is like a 'T' shape with a 1/2" crossbar. Depending how far you push it into the ground determines its 'springiness'.

I have just been given 10 rubber shell pigeon decoys (Not full bodied) but they don't have any mounting pegs with them so I need to make some up. I enjoy doing things like this myself and get a lot of satisfaction out of it so I would like to try making some "Bouncer/Wobbler" type of mounting pegs up rather than just using a stiff/static piece of doweling. I know that you can make them out of metal banding and wooden dowel (which I should be able to get hold of and work with easily enough) so can anyone tell me what the best/most effective pattern and size is to bend them into to get plenty of movement please, or does anyone have a pattern/diagram that they could send me to work from!

A lazy 7 will work just fine, the top of the 7 in the body of the bird.

I do not use a peg, just the banding it’s self which works just fine.

Drop me a line if you get stuck.....

http://s856.photobucket.com/albums/ab130/TheEssexHunter/Essex%20Decoy%20Springs/?action=view&current=STA60111.jpg

TEH

Thanks for that TEH! I have just been given some steel banding so after I have exercised the dog I am going to settle down and try to get some made. I will let you know how things work out once I have done and tested them.

Many thanks to all for your help and replies! :good: