Electronic caller

*zinc

Hi all I was in the local country shop and was asking about callers for ducks geese crows etc. I was then recommended to get a "U Caller" which is a recorded digital called. I have seen loads of these on eBay and have been thinking about getting one.

But after me and a friend were looking through the BASC website we are not so sure! I have never paid attention to it as it never applied to me. Below is directly quoted from what is not legal:

It Is illegal to use certain methods for killing or taking wildlife. Unless stated the following offences apply to both birds and mammals (mammals for the purposes of this section means: schedule 6 mammals Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981, Wildlife (Northern Ireland) Order 1985 & Isle of Man, Wildlife Act 1990 and schedule 3 mammals Conservation of Wildlife (Jersey) Law 2000) :

- Use of any sound recording to act as a decoy - birds only (Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981).

“Sound recording” is likely to include sounds made by digital or electronic  devices.

Any thoughts?

Hi all I was in the local country shop and was asking about callers for ducks geese crows etc. I was then recommended to get a "U Caller" which is a recorded digital called. I have seen loads of these on eBay and have been thinking about getting one.

But after me and a friend were looking through the BASC website we are not so sure! I have never paid attention to it as it never applied to me. Below is directly quoted from what is not legal:

It Is illegal to use certain methods for killing or taking wildlife. Unless stated the following offences apply to both birds and mammals (mammals for the purposes of this section means: schedule 6 mammals Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981, Wildlife (Northern Ireland) Order 1985 & Isle of Man, Wildlife Act 1990 and schedule 3 mammals Conservation of Wildlife (Jersey) Law 2000) :

- Use of any sound recording to act as a decoy - birds only (Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981).

“Sound recording” is likely to include sounds made by digital or electronic  devices.

Any thoughts?First crows in get a photo on your phone ,you can use them for photographic purposes :innocent:

Sorry I am a bit late on this suject boys but as from the wording of the act it is clear that they are illeagal & we know an Italian guide who comes up to Orkney every year is using them to massacare geese by the van load ! . I think he must take the people up here for fools , but I can assure you we are not & its only a matter of time till they get nicked !. The RSPB know what they are at & as far as I am concerned I will help them if they want ! not much point in asking the MIGHTY BASC ! they have as much willingness too bite as GUMMY CROCODILE suffering from a bad case of MUMPS ! , the only time their jaw moves is when they want your subscription !.

Many locals up here in Orkney who have never shot in their lives have already worked out what this Italian is at , so any *** heads who think that Orkney is a near deserted group of Islands with a few sheep sh***** & cave men living on it take note , more than 20,000 people live here & to the perv on PW who said to me the other day that there are more sheep than women up here ,you are wrong !.

We have a nice easy going group of shooters up here & we sort of get along with RSPB & we have too as they are one of the biggest land owners in Orkney & we dont like the Italians or visiting shooters taking the P*** out of us . The use of taped recorded calls for geese is illegal , if you dont beleive me ask the BASC , thats if they will tell you . Pole Star