House/Home Contents Insurance

steve_b_wales

We have been with Privilege insurance for the past 3 years, and have had no problems with them. We made a claim, a year ago, and they paid out without any hassle.

However, their premium has shot up to a ridiculous amount. We have just been quoted £576.00 to renew. This also covers annual holiday insurance etc.

I went online and contacted Direct Line Insurance, and ended up speaking to an advisor. I have accepted a policy with them for £225.00, AND, the best thing about it is that Privilege and Direct Line are the same company, and I was told that the new policy that I have just accepted, is exactly the same as the one with Privilege!

We have been with Privilege insurance for the past 3 years, and have had no problems with them. We made a claim, a year ago, and they paid out without any hassle.

However, their premium has shot up to a ridiculous amount. We have just been quoted £576.00 to renew. This also covers annual holiday insurance etc.

I went online and contacted Direct Line Insurance, and ended up speaking to an advisor. I have accepted a policy with them for £225.00, AND, the best thing about it is that Privilege and Direct Line are the same company, and I was told that the new policy that I have just accepted, is exactly the same as the one with Privilege!

Just like the banks the all out to screw us :angry:

Same with car insurance. These days, unless you cancel a policy its automatically renewed at the higher price.

Rang my insurer - RAC ,and asked if they could reduce the price -not a hope in hell and very rude to boot. Rang up to cancel a day later and a woman says - we could do something to reduce that for you, hasn't anypne talked to you and offered a reduction - all far too late gone with Dirctline myself. Cant be doing with the, 'tell us your life story' insurance broking sites