deben tri star

reddog

Looking to upgrade lamping kit for foxing and wondered if anyone can comment on the performance of the tri star compared with the tri star pro.

I' m interested in the beam performance with a filter on - read all the bumph in the catalogue but wondered what they're actually like in the field, particularly the tri star on full and half power.(Do you really need the searing performance of the pro model?) Like the idea of the more compact basic kit; won't be taking any shots beyond 125/150 yads max but obviously need to be able to clearly identify the target.

Would also be interested to know if the mount is adjustable to align the beam with the point of aim, or does it just rely on a wide beam and overspill of light?

Is the Ledray 700 a viable alternative?

Thanks for that - wonder what happened to the 300m beam performance that's in the catalogue?

Can't understand why a decent adjustable mount isn't provided with such an expensive piece of kit.

Anone else had any experience of these lamps?

In the absence of any other replies and I know it's not what you really wanted, but have a look at the Clulite "Shootalite High Power kit - this

includes the mount. Again their bumpf is somewhat irresponsible - someone ought to to these people under the trades description act - but it does do the range that you're after.

ive done quite a bit of shooting with a friends tri star and have been impressed with its performance vs its size we have been using it on foxing and rabbit trips, far more compact than my lightforce 170. he has had a few wiring issues with the tri star though i think its been sent back twice

ive done quite a bit of shooting with a friends tri star and have been impressed with its performance vs its size we have been using it on foxing and rabbit trips, far more compact than my lightforce 170. he has had a few wiring issues with the tri star though i think its been sent back twice

Jay, hi,

I'm astounded and am beginning to wonder if there's something wrong with mine. You mention these and the 170 in the same breath; surely you're not saying that they're on a par. What sort of range are you talking about for the tri star as I would hate to mislead reddog?

Cheers,

Phil