greener gps?

elmar fudd

Just bought one of the multi-choke models this morning - I used to shoot one of these in the early 70's, fabulous old gun, seem to remember it kicked like a mule! Mind you, I think we were using the old Baikal cartridges :oops: - flash, a cloud of smoke and who knows where the shot went :lol: . One thing I remember being warned about - DO NOT screw the barrel back into place without making sure the lever is fully down, or you could damage the ejectors. I am collecting data sheets/or web pages with any info ref proof marks/dating etc, if you want them, or copies. Good luck with the gun. :good:

Just bought one of the multi-choke models this morning - I used to shoot one of these in the early 70's, fabulous old gun, seem to remember it kicked like a mule! Mind you, I think we were using the old Baikal cartridges :oops: - flash, a cloud of smoke and who knows where the shot went :lol: . One thing I remember being warned about - DO NOT screw the barrel back into place without making sure the lever is fully down, or you could damage the ejectors. I am collecting data sheets/or web pages with any info ref proof marks/dating etc, if you want them, or copies. Good luck with the gun. :good:

Great gun several different types available still. Interested in date info. any chance of putting it on here? Mart

Yep, stamped at 3 1/4 tons and BNP - Birmingham Nitro Proofed. The serial Nos don't always allow you to date the gun. Birmingham developed what they called 'secret marking' stamps, which can tell you what level they were inspected at and the date, on mine it is crossed sabres, with a 2 for the inspector, a 'O' for the years and a 'B' for Birmingham. I will try and put the bits on here, but it is anyone's guess if I succeed, Give me a couple of days to collate all the pages and I will try and assemble all into a pdf file.