Bullet drop way off estimated

Dougy

That BC seems a little optomistic. The advertised BC for a 50 VMAX is .242 and that has a polymer tip to beat the breeze. I too find most advertised BC's are not always what they say. If you chrono'd it and aren't going by book numbers you have a fast stepper for a 250. I agree wholeheartedly with Snowz ----**** in **** out.

As far as the figures i have they are correct within my control ie; distance measured by range finder and velocity by chrono. Unless the chrono has suddenly fluffed up i still cant find the answer even though the BC may not be correct.

I will get down the field before the weekend and shoot some paper at 100-200 & 300yds and see what i get.

And thanks for the thoughts chaps :good:

I put a thread on here before, suggesting that reloading data is actually woefully inaccurate in terms of predicted velocity.

All my loads are 3-400 FPS slower than the published data suggests. For example my 243 75grn Vmax load makes about 3050.. Yet Hodgdon say it's good for 3350Fps

The only thing I've seen that gets close to predicting it correctly is - Quickload.

Well i have just got back after putting some holes in paper from 100yds 225yds (as i started fom that) and 300yds.

I dropped the charge by .5 of a grn as planned and the results were good. the grouping were very good too which is good. 1/2" at 300.

100yds again .75" high 225yds centre and 300yds i was suprised (happily) they turned out at 3.75" low the velocity dropped down to 3875 average and does concur with the tables roughly. So all in all i am happy.

It is still baffling as to how i got the amount of drop i stated in the 1st post, i can only put it down to shooter error :yp:

thanks for your bits of advice :good: