What's wrong with me

Craigie

I went out this afternoon for about an hour, (didnt intend to but took my trusty shooter anyway)

To start with I couldnt hit the thick end of a barn door if I was locked inside. (16 cartridges and not a bird) but then I hit the next 4 stone dead.

Why does this happen as I have had similar days before, (not quite so bad mind you) or is it just a case of getting your eye in, as I dont get to go out as often as I should or would like.

Your comments would be gratefully appreciated.

Cheers Lads

My first thought was that the clue could be,  "didn,t intend to, but took my trusty shooter anyway".

Sometimes, if I have an unplanned/off the cuff shooting expedition, my shooting is a bit sloppy.

I think this is a lack of concentration/commitment.

But, it doesn,t usually take 16 shots, to make me wake up. :angry:

Your own suggestion that you may be a bit "rusty" could be nearer the truth.

I think there are a few faulty cartridges in every box, I seem to get a few, now and again. :angry:

The thing is, you could never send them back and get a refund. By the time you have found out they are faulty, you have fired them and not hit the bird. :angry:

Many years ago, I tried to smoke cigarettes, lasted about 6 months and then I decided I couldn,t afford them.

During that time I smoked a brand called Embassy.

One packet of 20 I bought, had perfectly formed tubes of paper with a tip on the end, but no tobacco. :D

I sent the packet back to the Manufacturer and received a 200 pack of Embassy, 4 packs of playing cards, 2 T shirts and a lighter, all with the Embassy logo on them.

Apparently it was a problem at the factory they were aware of, but they thought they had stopped any faulty packs getting in to the shops.

I expect Gamebore, Winchester, Eley etc would send you 1000 free cartridges if you could prove some were faulty.

I don,t think just missing counts. :angry:

Quite funny really...........When I first looked at this topic, what I actually read was...........Whats wrong with me.. By Cranfield...............I just did'nt know where to start!!!!..... :laugh:  :laugh:

Only joking mate............................I knew where to start really!!........... :angry:

Going back again tomorrow, this time I will have my coffee, reaxation tapes, whale songs, yoga mats, and I will set up in a feng shui way with a big hole in the hide so all the evil spirits can pass straight through without hindrance.

Oh and I'll take a few deeks as well.

How I'm going to carry that lot I'm not sure mind you.

Seriously, I find coffee far from relaxing.

I deliberately avoid drinking too much of it when I,m shooting.

Craigie, by the time you have lugged all that stuf to your hide, set it up, got the whale singing (Demis Roussos ?) tape at the right volume, made sure you don,t trip over the mat, got your crystals/lay lines/tarot cards all laid out nicely, it will be a case of WHAT PIGEON !!!!, I DIDN,T SEE A PIGEON !!! :angry:

lazza, I confound medical science, so confounding you lot should be a piece of cake. :angry: :angry: :D

• 1 month later...

Welcome to the crew peter n,

the other magical thing about coffee, is it attracts birds and fish.

You can sit in the hide or by a river and all is quiet.

Pour a cup of coffee and while you are doing it, a pigeon flies over the decoys, or your float goes under. Guaranteed, every time. :angry:

I have the scars of many cups of hot coffee dropped in my lap. :angry: