******!!

955i

Well I have now spoken to the company that owe me and they have said that their company has been brought out by one of their sister companies so I will be getting paid in the next couple of weeks.

Obviously I will take that with a grain of salt until the cheque shows up but at least there is light on the horizon.

Strikes me as a bit off though that the same people can own multiple companies and if one goes tits up they can walk away with no liability despite having the money available in their other businesses!!

Incidentally, bat relocation report? Ah mate that is the gayest and most pointless "thing" I have ever heard :lol:

Why? Someone has to look out for the poor wee things otherwise developers would just carry on regardless and hey presto....extinct bats (also love the fact that I get to rummage in peoples lofts, amazing what some people keep up there!!)

Edited by 955i

Copyright in the survey reports may assist...do your terms & conditions say anything about your work remaining your property until paid for in full ?

Carillion may not be able to use the report without your permission. I presume that they need to send it to a local planning authority somewhere. As the author of the report, you have rights...

Also if the Directors of the company can be shown to have known it was trading insolvent then they might cop personal liability but that is a hard bitter fight which you'd need to sponsor the liquidator to bring - more appropriate for hundreds of thousands...

This may be your best bet, go find out for certain.

First thing to do is make contact with the carillion Quantity Surveyor who is administering the Project and find out if they have paid the Subcontractor you are Subcontracted to for the work.

If not under the Construction Act you are entitled to payment for services provided.

If they havent I would be very suprised if they didnt as a gesture of good faith make a settlement.

Edited by Fisherman Mike

Copyright in the survey reports may assist...do your terms & conditions say anything about your work remaining your property until paid for in full ?

Carillion may not be able to use the report without your permission. I presume that they need to send it to a local planning authority somewhere. As the author of the report, you have rights...

Also if the Directors of the company can be shown to have known it was trading insolvent then they might cop personal liability but that is a hard bitter fight which you'd need to sponsor the liquidator to bring - more appropriate for hundreds of thousands...

All of my reports have a 'Limitations of use' page that says that it is still my intellectual property and any unauthorised use is prohibited.

However, Carillion are stated as one of the people that may use the material so not sure how far I'd get on that one :hmm:

• 2 weeks later...

Just as an update, incredibly these guys paid me yesterday :D

Really didn't expect to see this money but very happy it turned up as I hadn't got a bean for the bills at the end of the month because of this!!

On top of that, I have also got two new jobs out of them for this week and next week. Best result I could have wished for :good: