Remote Switch for Flapper

Jurrasicway

When buying my turbo flapper there were two options :hmm: . Either the flapper was on all of the time or you buy a timer which makes the flapper flap every 10 seconds or so. I went for the timer but would like to turn it off when a pigeon has seen the pattern and is going to commit :yp: .

Searching on fleabay you can buy a 12v remote control switch. There are many types but the ones that catch my eye are the ones that operate like a car key fob.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1311&_nkw=12v+remote+switch&_sacat=See-All-Categories

Has anyone tried this set up, and if yes did it work ???

Look at the 10th one down Total price £5.29 , purchased one recently.

GOOD Points

Range is good at up to 25 yards.

Very neat and compact.

BAD points

Take about 3 weeks to arrive

No instructions included but not rocket science

Just need to see how long they last.

While you are at it order a 12v 300rpm motor (about £7.75) if you have one of the original slower flappers, as an upgrade. Easy fit.

If you order from Gadgetskingdom they are delivered from Colnbrook UK in about 5 days.

When buying my turbo flapper there were two options :hmm: . Either the flapper was on all of the time or you buy a timer which makes the flapper flap every 10 seconds or so. I went for the timer but would like to turn it off when a pigeon has seen the pattern and is going to commit :yp: .

Searching on fleabay you can buy a 12v remote control switch. There are many types but the ones that catch my eye are the ones that operate like a car key fob.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1311&_nkw=12v+remote+switch&_sacat=See-All-Categories

Has anyone tried this set up, and if yes did it work ???

I don't see the point in making a flapper stop when a bird is committed.

Thanks for all comments. Re don't see the point post I suppose I should not have said committed. I have had birds shy off when they are coming toward the pattern when the flapper flaps as I think they perceive the bird on the flapper is now taking off. Also I think that it would save battery power when setting up, picking up, changing pattern, etc, etc