Weirauch HW 35

Anthony.D

Has anyone got a spare foresight for a Weirauch HW 35 that they would like to sell. I've just been given the gun by a lovely kind old gent. It has an old sort of scope on it, any recomendations for a replacement? Do I need the front sight with a scope?

I'm just going to use it to sort out magpies eating my chickens food! Costing me a fortune! Thanks.

Edited by Anthony.D

Has anyone got a spare foresight for a Weirauch HW 35 that they would like to sell. I've just been given the gun by a lovely kind old gent. It has an old sort of scope on it, any recomendations for a replacement? Do I need the front sight with a scope?

I'm just going to use it to sort out magpies eating my chickens food! Costing me a fortune! Thanks.

I should have one someplace, if i remember will have a look tommorw

If it's an older scope with a small objective (front lens) or integral mounts it may well be functional but not so easy to use.

I'm sure I have an old BSA scope in the wardrobe that's something like a 3x7 zoom but only a 20mm objective lens & gives a rather limited field of view.

If you wanted something more modern, reliable, but still cheap you could have a look at this.

http://www.jsramsbottom.com/products/riflescopes-jsr-optics/jsr3940-jsr--leapers-3-9x40-mil-dot-riflescope-with-flip-up-covers.html

You'd need some mounts but these are good standard & cheap enough

http://www.jsramsbottom.com/products/mounts--rails-1-tube-mounts-%2811mm-38-dovetails%29-accushot-1-mounts/acc2pd-accushot-2-piece-mounts-double-clamp-1-%5B45mm%5D-%5Bm4%5D.html

This combination is not quite as cheap as it comes, but very nearly so & being quite decent quality for the money & comes with enough bells & whistles to make the job easier.

You can stick with what you've got & it will do the job, but if my suspicions are correct you may have an older type of scope (like the BSA described) which aren't quite as nice to use.

Edited by SteveieP